February 14, 2013

Valentime's Day

Yes, I say ValentiMe's Day. Yes, I'm 23. No, I am not ashamed.

As Ryan has class until 9 tonight (I'm secretly hoping that he just decides to skip), we decided to celebrate Valentine's Day last night. As I mentioned a long time ago, I made Ryan his Valentine's Day gift at Color Me Mine. It wasn't anything fancy. More of a joke, really. I told him not to get me anything, since he spoils me way too much. All I wanted was a card. Being the sweet man that he is, he ignored my no gift request and ended up getting me something anyway. I'm convinced, had it not been for his favorite geek website, he may have actually stuck to my request. He claims that he was messing around on this website, when he saw an advertisement for funny Valentine's Day gifts, and he "HAD" to get them for me. He kept dropping very confusing clues. I wondered what was in the very large box that was delivered a few days later.

He stuck the big box up in the closet and instructed me not to peek. I didn't peek, but Willow did. He kept finding her up on the top shelf, investigating the box. Last night, when it came time to exchange gifts, he opened up the box to find that she had been crawling inside of it and chewing on the cardboard. Naughty kitty! Anyway, he instructed me to close my eyes. Then he placed a few things on my lap. When I opened my eyes, I totally did not expect to see what I saw. One of his clues was "Lilly can use it too!" He was right! It was a unicorn bouquet. Are you confused yet? It was basically just a bunch of small, stuffed unicorns, wrapped up to look like a bouquet of flowers. I couldn't help but laugh. He was so proud of himself. Next was a pixelated flower. Ryan said "you can't kill it!" I loved it. After that was a package of zombie family decals for the car. We'd seen some funny ones at the fair, and I mentioned how it'd be hilarious to get some. These were a bit more graphic than the others. I think I'll just hold onto them. I wouldn't want our neighbors warning their kids about the creeps down the hall. My favorite part was the card. It, too, was zombie themed. Inside he told me he loved me and told me how I was the perfect zombie apocalypse partner. How sweet.

When the time came for Ryan to open his present, I was worried that he'd think it was lame. He actually liked it. When browsing projects at Color Me Mine, my mom and I stumbled across an Xbox controller keepsake box thingy. It was the last one. That's basically ALWAYS my sign that it was meant for me. In an effort to make it as accurate as I could, I cheated and looked up the button colors online. Then, on the inside, I wrote "will you be my player #2?" Ryan complained that he wanted to be player #1. Haha! I also got him a giant bag of M&Ms, so he had something to put inside the box. 

This Valentine's Day was much more low-key than last year's, that's for sure. Today, I got up early to help my mom deliver her valentines at work. She insisted that we dress Lilly up in her tutu. We went to work and said hi to everyone. Lilly is still really shy, so we had to work hard for any smiles. At lunch time, Ryan came home and surprised me. He walked in literally at the exact second that I was sitting down on the couch to eat lunch. He said "what are you doing? Are you eating? Stop right now!" I froze and put down my fork. In his hands he held a Buffalo Wild Wings bag. I assumed it was like last time, where he tricked me into thinking he got me wings, when really he just got sauces. This time, he got me wings!! Granted, I only ate one before I got full. Since they have a minimum purchase of 6 wings per person, he technically got me enough wings to last a few days. That really makes me laugh. 

OH OH OH! I forgot to share the BEST part of today. So, being fat, I tend to go through pants quickly. What do I mean by that? Well, let's just say the inner thighs of all my jeans are rubbed very thin. Usually I know when it's time to buy new pants, just by gauging how big the hole is getting. Well, I completely ripped out my jeans last week. Knowing I was losing weight, I didn't want to go and buy new ones, just to have them be useless as I continued getting smaller. I was pretty sure I still didn't fit back into my old jeans. I didn't want to go hand out valentines with my mom, with a hole in my pants, so I decided to risk putting on my old ones. I was ready for the rejection. But as I pulled up the pants, they didn't fight me, felt loose on my waist, AND buttoned without me having to do the come-on-I-know-I-can-squeeze-into-these dance. Woo!! Already down 2 pant sizes! 35 pounds! And to top it off, I put on a shirt that's usually kind of tight on me, only to find that I had plenty of room. Yep, one happy girl here. 

Eyes closed


I actually really like it. It's hanging next to my desk

Nothing says "I love you" like zombies. Yeah, I'll just tuck those away now. 


Awe, how romantic...I'm starting to realize now that most of you who are reading this, are probably thinking that Ryan and I are disgusting weirdos.
Isn't that funny? Lilly is already playing with one.  I feel like giving one to everyone I know...."YOU GET A UNICORN, YOU GET A UNICORN, UNICORNS FOR EVERYONE!!" (in my Oprah voice, of course)






Gotta tell ya, even though I could only eat one, oh man, was it delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment