Today was my "step backward" day of recovery. My abdomen is really sore, breathing is painful, and I just feel icky. As always, my mom knew just how to make me feel better. She asked me out on a Color Me Mine date. We both had free studio sessions and Ryan had school all night, so we figured it was the perfect time to "recoup." If anything, I was just going to go and help her with her projects. I really needed to get out of the house.
I didn't plan out what I wanted to do, at all. I usually just browse the shelves and wait for my creative brain to turn on. My mom was going to do some holiday plates to display in her kitchen (something about wanting to start getting rid of the bear stuff that's EVERYWHERE, haha!) I thought it would be fun to eventually have a 4 plate display, with one plate for each season. For some strange reason, I wanted to make a Fall plate. I stenciled some really pretty leaves over a mocha brown background. When my mom saw it, she nonchalantly asked me to make her one, too. After our plates, I worked on a secret Valentine's Day gift for Ryan. I'll explain later, once I've given it to him. Then I helped my mom work on her ADORABLE Easter plates. I told her that one of them will eventually be inherited by me. I can't wait to see how they turned out.
 |
| One day I'll inherit the bunny plate. It was SO cute....would have been cuter with some mint green, mom. :P |
 |
| Top one is mom's, bottom is mine. A "Nanny original" as she calls it. |
No comments:
Post a Comment