January 18, 2013

Lord of the Drool: Return of the Baby

Our princess is home! I spent all day trying to "prepare" the house. Really I just tried to get caught up on some small chores before I would be rendered more useless. I made the bed (WOO!!), picked up dirty laundry, and cleaned the kitchen. Yeah, hardly anything, but it really made me feel faint. Suffice it to say, I didn't really end up doing anything that mattered; things like kitty litter, putting AWAY laundry, or vacuuming. Meh, I have a lifetime to do that stuff. I don't want to overdo it.

Once Lilly was home, we had to go right out to Walmart to get more formula and baby food. I hate going to Walmart, but it was nice to be out of the house and holding Ryan's hand. Lilly enjoyed herself because she got to sit in the cart like a big girl. Ryan and I spent a good 5 minutes and 10 sanitizing wipes trying to clean the cart!! First thing she did was bend over to suck on the handle. 

It is SO nice to have her home! I got to give her a bath and make her laugh with my impersonation of a duck. We'll see if I'm still happy about it when she gets up at 3. I'm ready to be back in my routine, that's for sure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment