I'll start by saying that my hubby is quite mad at me right now. Last week, I started to feel a bit better, physically. As always, I didn't let myself heal fully, and ended up doing too much, too soon. Today was definitely a good example of too much. I wanted to clean all of our sheets and the comforter on our bed. With everyone being sick, and then the surgery, they definitely needed a wash. But I can't wash my comforter in our machines, because the thing is massive. So I planned another mommy-daughter-granddaughter date to clean everything. My mom and I actually really enjoy getting to bond over a few loads of laundry at the local laundromat. We love getting to take all of our blankies to get cleaned. I had to invite her, for tradition's sake.
It didn't take very long to get everything cleaned and dried. Lilly liked getting to play in the rolling laundry cart. Don't worry, I went all OCD on that thing before I let her anywhere near it. That place is pretty gross. And, as always, she was a hit with all of the other people at the laundromat. Everyone kept commenting on how beautiful and cute she was. I can't take this baby anywhere without getting comments....After the laundromat, we had another tradition to keep up: The Quilted Bear. That's been mine and my mom's favorite store to wander around in for hours. I went for a specific item, but of course, ended up leaving with everything BUT the item I went for. Actually, I only got a picture frame and some stuff for Lilly's Valentine/9 month pictures.
Once I got home, it was a race for me to put the bed back together so that I could take a nap. Lilly got up at 3, on the dot, and then again at 7. And I got up and stayed up both times. Bleh. I was so feeling that today. Halfway through making the bed, my tummy started to bother me. I started inspecting my incisions (I have 6), only to find that two had ripped open and were draining pus. Sorry, gross. My Dr. Hubby ran to get the Bandaids and Neopsporin before I could get too worried. I hopped right into bed and hoped that a nap would do me some good. It did until I started to get the chills. I've been getting feverish every time I get in bed. I've ended up having to sleep with the wedding quilt, while fully dressed in a hoody and sweats each night...and I'm STILL cold. I took my temp tonight and it was 100.7. So, all signs point to infection. Great. I'm going to monitor everything for a bit before I call my doctor. Ryan won't even let me pick up the cats out of fear that I'll hurt myself again. Hopefully I'll be better soon.
![]() |
| This is the first picture of myself where I think I can see the weight loss. Down 23 pounds. I think I can see it in my face a little. |
![]() |
| Who doesn't like watching a front load washer. Seriously, I'm going to get one someday, and I'm going to just sit and watch the laundry run. It's so mesmerizing. |
![]() |
| I don't think Grandma likes Lilly very much. |





No comments:
Post a Comment