Pinterest, cute picture, had to copy, yada, yada, yada. You're used to this... I wanted to try to get a picture of mine and Lilly's painted toes. Um, yeah, a LOT easier said than done. When she was younger, I'm sure I could have just painted her nails while she slept. I can't do that anymore. So I put her in her bouncer, hoping it'd keep her in one spot, I laid out a mat to catch the inevitable spills or smears, and then went at it. The cold touch of the brush made her curl her toes. I decided to grab onto her foot, which she also didn't like. And when I finally managed to get her toes painted semi-decent, she decided to bounce and smear them all over the mat. I mean ALL over. It got to the point where I wasn't trying to "stay in the lines" anymore. As long as I got it on the nails, I could clean up her toes (and accidental ankle smudge) with nail polish remover later.
My plan worked...sort of. You really can't tell though. I learned two things during this experience. 1) Baby toes are really hard to paint, and 2) painted baby toe nails are SOOOO cute. If it was easier, I'd do it more often. While we were at my mom's house for dinner on Wednesday, we painted her nails, too. Then we took some 3 generation toe pictures. Hmm, that sounds a lot dumber when I say it outloud. But they're cute, so deal with it! :P
 |
| The Pinterest inspiration....She has much cuter toes and polish than I do |
 |
| Lilly and Granny B. Love her chunky thighs....Lilly's, not mom's haha! |
 |
| Lilly, grandma, Nanny...Again, love the rolls on Lilly's leg |
 |
| Lilly in-between mommy, and grandma. |
No comments:
Post a Comment