July 20, 2013

Stepping Stones and Cousins

I was excited for today, because my mom and I had planned to do this year's Lilly stepping stone. If you'll recall, last year we did a stepping stone of Lilly's footprint. I plan on doing one each year, and eventually having a house with a garden full of these stepping stones. I remember that getting a good print last year was really difficult. This year was MUCH easier, but Lilly still hated it. It was fast, and grandma was there to snuggle her after, so she didn't cry for too long.

After the baby torture, mom and Jack tired Lilly out with lots of giggles, then we packed up and headed home. Lilly fell asleep in the car, so we tried our hardest not to wake her up while taking her inside. We managed to get her down on the changing table, and she stayed asleep. I was exhausted from a night of horrible sleep, so I decided to take a nap, too. I was woken up about 2 hours later, when Lilly literally sat on my face...with a poopy diaper. Ryan, next time change her first. Ha! 

Everyone was napped up and ready for our evening at Erin's house. Erin and Drew were having a house warming party. We had a BLAST getting to watch Lilly, Emma, and Joel play together. Lilly loved giving the other two babies hugs, stealing toys from both, and sharing her blanket and sippy cup. Emma is such a sweet girl, and she definitely put up with a lot from Lilly. I loved how identical they looked. If you didn't know any better, you'd think they were sisters. 






Reading Curious George

Grandpa got snuggles


After my nap, she wanted to read a story while I made the bed


All three kiddos

Lilly was a little upset that Emma had her sippy cup. We're going to have to start getting her used to sharing, because today made me realize how badly she was lacking that skill. 

Giving Emma a drink

No comments:

Post a Comment