June 25, 2012

More Lessons Learned

As stated in the previous post, "Lessons Learned," I am constantly learning funny and helpful things about being a mom. I ended my last list with 8, and I've since acquired a few more to add to the list. Here we go...

9) Having a baby during the summer months results in many days spent in our undies. Yes, I said "our". I figure, if I'm allowed to hang out all day in my undies, why can't she? Our little townhouse doesn't distribute the AC well, so we find that our upstairs gets rather hot. Her all-time favorite thing is to lay on her tummy, in the nude, in front of the TV. Now, I know some of you may be thinking "you already got her addicted to TV?!" but whoa, hold on. It was by total accident that she even discovered it. It's usually always on, so she finds the sound, colors, and movement to be intriguing. Maybe soon enough I'll have my very own Spongebob buddy!


10) Baby loves mommy. Yes, I'm happy that I can say this, but at times, it's very inconvenient. Most of the day, if I want a quiet, happy baby, I have to be holding her. Otherwise, I end up calling my mom, begging for a break from the screaming. How do I get anything done, you ask? I caved to the screaming of the baby, and I just let her sit on my lap while at my computer. She likes laying on her tummy, on top of the boppy, and will actually sleep like that for hours if I let her. Oftentimes I'm startled by the warm drool that eventually starts running down my arm.
Notice how the desk has gone from being covered in X-BOX controllers and adult stuff. Now it's covered in baby socks and binkies.
11) I've created a mini-me! I've unofficially conducted my very own science experiment, where having babies is concerned, and I've come to a few conclusions. Since I have now had two ADORABLE babies, I have been able to pinpoint the science behind the cute. Here's my equation for the cuteness: while pregnant, eat lots of Chinese food, diet Pepsi, get lots of naps, and get spoiled and pampered by an adoring husband. Doing so has given me a baby that is a total mini-Nanny. In the picture below, I can totally see her asking daddy "are you gonna finish that?" That's my girl!


12) Doing all of those really cute crafts from Pinterest is a lot easier said than done. Trust me! I stole an idea for making stepping stones. I thought it would be so fun to make stepping stones with Lilly's footprints each year of her life. My future garden wouldn't be complete without them! Attempt one was a fail because the not-so-helpful salesman at Home Depot gave us cement that was too rocky. Attempt number 2 was a little more successful, but traumatizing enough that we may just leave it at two attempts. Note to self: babies don't like their feet dipped in cement, and when it does happen, they'll squish it through their toes like play-dough, ruining any chance of getting clean foot prints. The finished product was nowhere near as cute as the idea on Pinterest, but the laughs and chaotic memories that flood my mind when I look at it, make it perfect. I'll enjoy reminiscing one day when these stepping stones sit in my garden.

I put in a red stone and painted it like a lady bug, for my Lilly Bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment