June 24, 2012

Always Changing

The title of this post should be every new parent's motto. Our lives are most definitely ALWAYS changing. I swear we spend at least one night a week just moving stuff around to accommodate are also always-changing Lilly. Today's changes were not as subtle as the others. Now that I've been given permission by my doctor to participate in all of the joyous activities that I couldn't do after surgery, I am going to start TRYING to slowly incorporate working out into my already packed daily routine. That being said, it was a daunting task, since all of the necessary baby supervising stuff was upstairs. I could just see me working out and having Lilly roll off the couch. So we moved the bassinet (that wasn't getting used) down, so that I can workout, clean, and cook without thinking she's upstairs suffocating or something. We also moved the swing and Ryan's computer corner down. My corner now doesn't exist, but that's okay since all it was doing was sitting there looking like a corner of clutter. Okay, I'll admit, there was a larger reason behind all of this madness. It only took one night like last night for us to realize the change was necessary. We usually have the box fan in our bedroom window at night, blowing the cooler night air on us. It's lovely! But when 11 o'clock rolled around and Ryan asked me what the temperature outside was, I was shocked. 90 degrees at 11?! We still ended up putting the fan in the window. DUMB! When we woke up at 2:30 for the first feeding of the night, I was soaking wet and actually had a slight heat exhaustion headache. The full day of walking around Manti in the sun took it out of me. We don't, actually, CAN'T run our AC all day because it drives the bills up too high, so we have to pick and choose our battles. I can usually put up with it in the day, granted, it does make Lilly a bit fussier, but last night was the last straw. I can't stand sleeping in hot conditions. The downstairs in our little place stays so much cooler than the upstairs. We hardly ever use it though, because everything worth doing is upstairs. Ryan figured if he moved the computer and the baby stuff downstairs, it would entice me to form different downstairs habits. We're giving it a shot for now. Actually, as I write this, I'm sitting at the computer, with a fan pointed directly at my face, with a cold towel on my neck. I made the dumb mistake of suggesting that we go out and take a walk this evening. Not realizing it was 98 degrees outside. Man, I really hate the heat! Now we just need to get a house with a better AC and more space. Yeah, let's just do that instead...




It's funny how baby stuff now sits at every turn. Where we used to have TVs and computer monitors everywhere, we now have binkies, bassinets, and bottles laying around. Ah, it's good to be a parent!



In other news, per the request of Ryan...actually, per the request of his sister, Erin (yes, Erin, he asked me to do this just for you!), I've decided to try and pick up doing blog posts more often. I say "more often" and not "every day" out of fear that I won't be able to do it every day. I personally think I can, but we'll see. But anyway, start expecting more from me. I love having the blog to remind me of what we did every day of our first year of marriage, and I don't want to leave that behind now that we have Lilly. I would love to document every day of the first year of her life. I'm currently working VERY hard on a family website. Ryan showed me some tricks and taught me more coding, so I've been glued to the dang computer for the past week. It's looking amazing. That will be up and running, hopefully very shortly, so keep an eye out for the big announcement. And, as always, I appreciate everyone that not only reads, but comments on the blog. It makes it fun for me to know that people are reading the ramblings and stories that I spend so much time writing.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment