I immediately got started on laundry, since it was looking like I was going to have several loads to do. I was able to get a load of whites done, and then started on colors. The one thing that I hate most about our washer is that it can get unbalanced pretty easily. If you've never heard the sound that an unbalanced washing machine makes when it goes into a spin cycle, I'll relate it to the sound of a jet engine roaring to life. It's a horrifyingly loud sound. I can't even count how many times Ryan and I have had to jump up in a panic to try and get it to stop. I wonder what it sounds like to the downstairs neighbors...
Anyway, it started to shake and rattle, so we jumped up, but Lilly got in my way, delaying getting to the laundry room. I had only just gotten to the washer when it stopped. I readjusted the clothes and turned it back on. Come to find that I was just late enough to avoid a broken machine. It will fill and empty with water normally, but the barrel won't spin or agitate. Ryan was forced to tip it over and remove the bottom, to see if the rotating belt had snapped. After determining that it was still intact, we've come to the conclusion that the motor must be the issue. Suffice it to say, tomorrow I get to call a repairman and clean up the water that spilled everywhere when the washer was tipped. Ugh. Luckily all the laundry got done before the washer broke.
The washer, combined with a yucky-feeling mommy and a cranky baby, I'm more than ready to head to bed...
| Willow was curious... |
| In other news, today is my dad's birthday. We wore birthday hats when we Skyped with him...Lilly hated it. |

No comments:
Post a Comment