August 23, 2012

Presents

Even though we're celebrating Ryan's birthday tomorrow, I still wanted to give him his presents tonight. After how much money I spent on him for his birthday last year (if you'll recall, I got him a computer monitor), and after he spent a small fortune buying me a nice camera for Christmas, I decided to put us on a budget for birthdays and Christmas this year. Birthdays had the smaller budget of the two. I've already negotiated that all of the new furniture and toys that I've been buying for the new condo are my Christmas presents. (Trust me, I really haven't been spending THAT much) Anyway, I spent weeks thinking about what to get Ryan. He keeps an Amazon wishlist, but that was too simple. I'm the type of person that likes to get people things they really want, wouldn't think to get, and would never really buy for themselves for whatever reason. I do NOT believe in wasting a present on something that a person needs. For instance, I wouldn't blow Ryan's gift on a new belt or socks. That's just not fun. So, I was in for a challenge. Lucky for me, there are plenty of websites dedicated to gifts for geeks. Between that and my creative thinking, I was successful in not only coming in under budget, but getting LOTS of stuff. Oh, and that's not all. He took the day off of work tomorrow so that we could properly celebrate (since he's been gone since 7 this morning), so I planned another fun day. I can't wait to share! Here's the rundown of presents...

6 presents for under $100

What could it be?

A memory card reader for his iPad

An adjustable stand for his iPad (I've since gone and ordered one for myself because , after playing with  his, I fell in love and decided that my Nexus needed a stand too..You really can't go wrong for $6)

See? Isn't that cool! It swivels, changes height, adjusts angle. Cool!

A spinning tie rack for our new walk-in closet. This is one of those gifts that falls into all three categories...he wanted one, he needed one, and he wouldn't have ever thought to buy one.

Portal (one of Ryan's favorite computer games) cookie cutters. This may be more for me than it is for him, since we all know how much I love to shape my food. But I just thought it would be so fun to make Portal Navajo tacos!


A military-grade iPad cover. Over the past year, Ryan's been through 3 iPad covers. He's SUPER picky and can't find one that he not only likes, but that won't mess up his iPad screen protector. This one is way heavy duty, and I think he may actually like it. 

High five from Willow! Presents ROCK!


No comments:

Post a Comment