AHHHH! I'm so excited! I FINALLY got to find out the present that Ryan has literally been planning since we got married. I remember back in May, I asked him about my birthday and Christmas, and he said he already had them planned. Now that I've opened my present, all of Ryan's family has been telling me how excited he's been. I can't believe he's been able to keep something like this secret for so long. Okay, now to brag about how amazing my hubby is. He got me the newest, professional-grade Nikon camera! I've always wanted one. My mom has one of the older versions, so we always go over to use it, or "hire" her to take our pictures for us. Not only did he get me the camera, he got me millions of accessories. I got a remote so that we can have pictures of the two of us from far away, a tripod, a HUGE $400 extra lens, a bunch of diffusers and filters, a big case, a card reader for computers that don't have a memory card slot. Wow, I can't even believe how much stuff he got. We've been talking about me slowly starting a photography business, so this was his way of getting me started. I LOVE HIM! But I could kick him for making me feel so bad about my present to him though. I got him an xbox controller that he wanted. He prefers computer gaming because he claims he can aim better and is more accurate, so I found an xbox controller that is a computer mouse. I also got him a suctioned joystick for his iPad, and a block of cheddar cheese (long story). Yeah, totally not as good, or as expensive as the camera he got me. Thank you, Ryan & the Goodrich Family, for contributing to my extreme joy!
Going back, Christmas started very early this morning. We both woke up at 7:00, and couldn't sleep anymore. Not because it was Christmas morning; Ryan had a tummy ache and my hips hurt too bad to lay on anymore. I decided to just get up and start making my surprise breakfast early. I made Christmas tree and gingerbread man French toast, eggs with cheese, and LOTS of bacon. Ryan is a bacon addict. It was super yummy. Then we headed off to my mom's house to talk to my favorite elder. Jack has the funniest accent, we couldn't stop laughing. I can't believe he gets home in 4 months!
Anyway, I am super duper excited to have a new toy to further my crafty tendencies. I'm so glad I have the next week off to stay at home and play with it. I can happily say that all of the pictures on my future posts will have gorgeously clear pictures to behold.

I can't eat bacon right now, so Ryan literally ate all of the bacon himself.

MY CAMERA!! Look at how humungous that lens is!!

Ryan's new toy. It didn't occur to me until now that this probably means I have to play xbox with him more.

My first official picture with my new camera! The remote works! :D

(Day 247)
No comments:
Post a Comment