Friday morning came around, and my doctor came to give me some good news. She said she had me on the OR schedule for a c-section for the day after Christmas. She considered putting me down for Christmas Day, but didn't want to punish our children for the rest of their lives. One of my step-brothers was a Christmas Day baby, and he, along with all of the family, hate having to split Christmas in half to accommodate his birthday. Thank goodness my doctor got it! After that good news, she then gave me the option of going home that day, staying through the weekend, or staying the week. In the end, I opted to go home that evening.
I made sure everyone at home knew that my condition was delicate, and that I needed them to help me rest. Sounds dumb, but I have a hard time staying put and letting others take care of me. Ryan hates it! Too much moving around makes me contract, which would only send me back to the hospital. Ryan came that afternoon to spring me free. I broke my own rules the next day, when we drove up to Layton to see the Hobbit with Ryan's family. We bought the tickets the week before and didn't want to waste them. Plus, the theater we were at was unique, in that every seat was a recliner. I brought my pillow and pain meds, and was quite comfortable for most of the movie...maybe too comfortable, since I kept dozing off when the sweet relief of pain medicine kicked in. It took me about 15 minutes into the movie to stop crying from how bad my contractions were.
Since then, I've almost regretted the decision to come home. While I was gone, a pretty bad bug has been making its way through our house. I'm thinking it was brought home with Lilly from preschool. My mom and Lilly got it first. Lilly got it the worst. I feel like I caught this bug the second I walked in the front door. Everyone seems to have different symptoms, making me think there are two bugs. My mom, Ryan, and I all have a chest cold, complete with sore throat, cough, and overall feeling of impending death. Poor Lilly has the stomach bug part of things, and the possibility of conjunctivitis. Telling my family that I needed to be left alone to rest all day was not happening. I felt so guilty making the other sickies watch the toddler sicky.
One of the funny things about Lilly is that if you tell her she's sick, she suddenly
acts like she's sick, and will say things like "I'm really sick!" So, I figured I could get her to stay in bed and rest with me all day if I told her she had to because she was sick. It worked, but to my horror. One of the worst parts of having a potty trained toddler is having to fear what will happen when she has explosive diarrhea, and only thin panties to protect the outside world. She doesn't know how to control it. Just in case, I covered Ryan's side of the bed in towels. That had to be one of the best decisions I've ever made.
Mid-morning, Lilly looked over at me and said "I have to poop, mommy!" and almost immediately, it went spraying. I screamed "MOOOOOOM!," and she came running to the rescue. Then, about 15 minutes after everyone conveniently left the house this evening, and left me alone, I heard the most horrific sound ever. I shivered as I knew the noise I was hearing was Lilly, vomiting. I didn't know she could fit that much in her tummy. She hasn't ever thrown up as a toddler, so I waddled over as quickly as I could, and comforted her as it just came in waves. She looked terrified! It was spraying all over me, my poor iPad, all the blankets, and Bear-bear and blankie. Once it seemed to be over, I just sat there, frozen, not really knowing what to do next. I took Lilly's clothes off right there, and carried her into the bathroom. Then, while she was standing in the tub, I rolled up all the bedding and whatnot and threw it into a pile, hoping it hadn't soaked deeper into the bedding that hadn't been hit. I gave Lilly a quick bath, and right as we finished, Ryan came home. He missed quite the party. My mom had to take the bundle of blankets to a laudromat to be able to get all of them clean. Lilly seemed to be feeling better by this point, but I was feeling like death, covered in vomit and scarred for life.
So, as you can see, I came home to face the sickness from hell. Every morning that I wake up, and I'm going off a couple hours of sleep due to coughing all night, and I feel even worse than ten minutes before, I just get so dang frustrated. Babies are coming this week, and every single person in our house is sick. At this point, I don't even feel like
I should be touching them when they come, let alone Lilly. And, on top of that, we're supposed to hand Lilly off to Ryan's parents on Christmas, so they can watch her until we get home with babies. I don't want to get them sick or ruin all their furniture and carpet with Lilly's uncontrollable body leakage. Maybe all of this has been the Lord's way of prepping us for the babies. We've probably been taking a lot for granted, with living with my mom. We all need a kick in the butt to get back into "baby shape" before they come. I just wish Lilly didn't have to suffer so much. It makes me so sad to see her like this.
 |
| Ryan and Lilly came to see me two nights before I left. It was SO needed. When Lilly saw me, she hugged me the longest she's ever hugged me. |
 |
| She liked pushing me around, and we even went up and down in the elevator a few times. |
 |
| I had puffy eyes, because I spent all day crying about how much I missed Lilly |
 |
| They had to wheel me away before either of us broke down crying. |
 |
| Legit recliners! I don't think I can do a normal movie theater again. |
 |
| I had lots of calls to make today, and while I was distracted on the phone, I felt a cold sensation on my hip. Come to find it was Lilly, giving me a tattoo. |
 |
| Willow is obsessed with my humidifier. |
No comments:
Post a Comment