October 4, 2014

Zoo Day

I wanted to take Lilly to the zoo one last time before it got too cold. I was planning on taking her by myself on Friday, but I realized that walking that much would probably be WAY too painful and too hard for me, since my PSD has been setting in. Ryan was a super good husband, and decided to work a few extra hours each night this week, so he could take a half-day on Friday to help me take her.

When I walk a lot (and by "a lot," I mean the equivalent of walking around a grocery store at a snail's pace), my pubic bones, hips, and back hurt so bad. Thank you, PSD! So, to prevent a whiny wife, Ryan rented me a mobile scooter. Best. Decision. Ever! It was in the high 60's, perfectly sunny, I didn't have to walk, and the zoo wasn't very busy. Perfect, if you ask me. My only complaint was that it reminded me of our first time at the aquarium, when most of the exhibits were empty. The animals weren't all that active. We still managed to have fun and avoided a tantrum until it was time to leave. And the best part? I wasn't bedridden that night from being so sore from walking.

We didn't take many pictures, because 1) I didn't want to spend the whole time being like "oh, let's get a picture!" and 2) Even though I brought the camera, the battery was conveniently dead. So what few pictures we have, we took with our phones. Not having to stress about pictures also made the day relaxing. 




The first thing she did to the gorilla was poke his nipples and say "those his boobies." Ryan and I just sighed and turned her around for the picture.






She liked getting to ride with me. The little stinker immediately knew where the horn was, and kept honking at everyone.

Riding the train

We ran into Ryan's cousin Katherine and her daughter Emma while we were on the carousel. Small world!

1 comment: