I'm so glad the move is finally over! Months of planning and packing came down to one day. It took 4 strong men and one amazing mom to get the truck loaded. My visiting teacher, Kirsten, and her son Thomas came to help, too. I felt so useless just directing traffic, since I wasn't able to help move any of the heavy boxes. I sure hope I made up for it when I brought pizza for lunch! Once all of our junk was loaded onto the Uhaul truck, we made a quick stop at my mom's to unload and pick up a few things we've had stored in her basement. Then Ryan, mom, and Christian went up to my mom's work (a moving and storage company) to load everything into storage. It took them like 5 hours to get everything loaded, because the help we had arranged fell through. Poor guys were EXHAUSTED!
I was so incredibly impressed, proud, and thankful for Ryan that day. He worked his cute butt off ALL day. I knew I picked a good one! For dinner (at 8:00 PM, since it took that long to get everything done), we decided to try a burger place next to my mom's house. We heard it was voted the best burger around, so of course we had to try it. It's called Habit Burger. Burgers are burgers to me, so I didn't really care all that much, until I saw that they had self-serve fry sauce. And not just fry sauce, the BEST fry sauce I've ever had. I had to stop myself from drinking it. After dinner, we definitely agreed that Habit Burger earned their "best burger" title, and we definitely WILL be making them a habit.
Oh, and if you're wondering where Lilly was throughout all of this, she was up in Syracuse with Kevin and Jan. We were SO thankful for their help in watching her, because I think the move would have been impossible, and at the very least, 10 times more frustratingly difficult if we had to watch her. So, a BIG thank you to all of our family and friends who came to help. We SO love and appreciate you!
 |
| Our last family picture outside our home for the past 2 years. |
.JPG) |
| Stuffed the biggest truck they had |
.JPG) |
| The last step was moving over the kitties. Angel got to ride on my lap. She actually really enjoys car rides. |
.JPG) |
| The other kitties didn't like the trip so much. |
.JPG) |
| This was Ryan's burger. I only wanted the fry sauce... |
No comments:
Post a Comment