June 15, 2014

Parting Ways

We divided and conquered this day. The guys all went golfing, and Susan, Lilly, and I all went to Leavenworth. We wandered the candy shops, toy stores, and ogled at the cute home decor, before getting rained out. Not before getting amazing cheesecake caramel apples. Since we still had a few hours before the guys were going to be done, we decided to get our nails done. Susan got a manicure and I got a pedicure. Let me tell ya, getting a pedicure with a toddler is miserable. Lilly was climbing all over the rolling chairs, touching all the tools, spilling jelly beans, and driving me NUTS. NOT relaxing at all. 

We met up with the guys, Uncle Dan, and Aunt Karen that night for dinner. Grandma made her infamous lasagna. You know it's good when a little girl with sore gums gobbles up two servings. Right as dinner was done, Lilly and I both went to bed. My feet were swollen to the size of tree trunks, and I just needed to rest. 

Rocking the piggies for our day out
Still cute, even when soaked.


Tucking in the big bear
Hugs!




At least one of us was relaxed





Lilly bought a gumball while in Leavenworth, and thought it was just a fun ball to throw. After yelling at her the whole time to STOP throwing the gumball, I just decided to eat it. 

Cute, despite how swollen they are

We had to rent a car this time around. Don't I look SWEET in my mini van?!




No comments:

Post a Comment