Usually, leaving Wenatchee is a sad process, as we have to say goodbye to a sad grandma. This time around, since grandma had a bridge game to get to, it was quick goodbyes, like ripping off the emotional Bandaid. Lilly fell asleep before we were even out of the driveway, and stayed asleep for the entire 3 hour car ride. I wanted to make dad a nice dinner that night, so we stopped off at the grocery store to pick up the fixings for shrimp scampi.
Dinner was great (I wouldn't know, I only wanted to eat salad and bread). We all wanted to visit the Seattle temple that night, so we left Lilly with my dad for an ice cream date night. The temple, as always, was much-needed, but I found myself missing Lilly. We hurried home, thinking we'd find dad in some chaos, but to our surprise, after their ice cream date, he bathed her, jammied her, and put her to bed. Whoa!
.JPG) |
| Dad lit candles to set the mood |
.JPG) |
| And Lilly wanted to blow them all out |
.JPG) |
| On our way to the temple |
.JPG) |
| We arrived at 5:45, and still had to stop to rent clothes before the 6:00 session. This was our hurried picture outside the temple before we ran in. |
.JPG) |
| Pictures sent by dad from their ice cream date |
No comments:
Post a Comment