I'll start with Father's Day. I avoided blogging about it, because I completely inundated everyone with about 10 posts the day before, and I thought I'd give you a break. In hindsight, I'll just say that I feel like a pretty lousy wife. Father's Day was pretty lame for Ryan. I got up early and made him muffins while he slept in. Then I had my little helper deliver them to him. For the rest of the day, we just lounged in bed and watched TV. We couldn't go to church because Lilly was still contagious. The only other "special" things that I did was give Ryan a card and make him Brixton's potatoes for dinner. If we hadn't just gotten in from Seattle the day before, I would have had more time to make it more grand. Sorry, Ryan. I suck.
While we were in Seattle, I gave my dad his Father's Day gift. I had a box full of his baby mementos, and decided to make him a shadow box. I put in a picture that was taken of him and his dad on the day of his adoption. In front of that, I put his baby booties. When I gave it to him, he cried. I'm sure glad he liked it.


No comments:
Post a Comment