I'll start by saying that I'm in a complete state of shock and horror as I type. I'll provide some back story. Ryan and I have always discussed how many kids we wanted. He was set on two, and I wanted more than two. It's always been my joke that I'd have to have twins to get my third baby. Well, we went in for my first OB appointment today. The second the doctor put the wand on my stomach, and I saw not one, but TWO babies, I gasped. The doctor laughed and said "You saw that?! I was hoping you wouldn't notice, so I could tell you." WE'RE HAVING TWINS!!!!!!!!! And all I can say is I KNEW IT! I've been telling Ryan that something about this pregnancy was different.
How do we feel about this news? Well, I'm still on Cloud 9, with a side of panic. Ryan, well, he didn't take it so well. The doctor and I both knew it was twins before actually telling Ryan, so when I said "it's twins," Ryan leaned forward and, with a freaked-out shakiness to his voice, said "WHAT? Are you kidding me?" He dropped his head in his hands, and for a moment I thought he was crying. I went to get blood work done, and he proceeded to pace the hallway up and down, looking so upset, to the point of the nurses and other expectant moms stopping to ask him if he was okay. Let's just say, Ryan's still coping...
I, on the other hand, don't know what to think. I know this was meant to be, and part of me knew it was coming. I chuckle, because I recall the other night, praying to the Lord that He'd bless me with as many babies as He see fit. (My subtle way of asking for more than one baby) I'm excited. I'm terrified. I'm shocked. I'm sure I'll have my moments of WHAT-DID-I-DO?! But for now, I'm going to be excited and happy.
In the excitement of it all, I decided to call some family while waiting to get my blood drawn. It took me about 20 minutes on the phone to convince my dad that I wasn't joking. When I told him we were having twins, the first thing he said was "real funny." Even after telling him I wasn't joking, he kept saying "that's a good joke." Everyone's first reaction is that I'm joking. Probably because we've been doing a lot of joking about having multiples in order for me to get more than 2 babies. Careful what ya wish for! I blame Ryan. Twins run in his family, and we knew there was a chance.
The babies are due on January 22, but being twins, they'll most likely be delivered in December. The doctor says I'll be twice as sick, twice as tired, and mostly likely be bedridden towards the end. Joy. But, as long as I have healthy babies, I'll suck it up.
| No idea what was about to come |
| If you know my Ryan, you know that's not a good face |
![]() |
| Ultrasound #2, to make sure the babies were healthy. Now the shock has hit and my face says it all |
.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment