May 8, 2014

There She Grows Again

Our little princess is 2 years old! As my eyes fluttered open this morning at 3:30 am, I sat and pondered what I was doing exactly 2 years ago. I thought about how at this time, I would have been waking up to head to the hospital. Then I thought on the quick, amazing events that hurried by, and how my life would never be the same. We've been blessed with 2 fun-filled years with our little girl, and words cannot describe how complete I feel. I love my little girl more than my heart knows how to contain. I am one lucky mommy!

Lilly got up bright and early at 6:30. so we started birthday festivities before the sun was even up. We brought her into our bed and let her open her present. The next 30 minutes, as we sat in bed and assembled her block train, were bliss. My heart felt so full. I kept thinking back onto how just 2 years ago, I was snuggling a little bundled baby, and now I was celebrating her 2nd birthday and making a block train. We didn't have much time to play with the train, because we had to head off to the zoo. If I had to rank some of Lilly's favorite things, it would go 1) Bear-bear, 2) Grandpa Goodrich, 3) jelly beans, and 4) animals. I couldn't think of a better birthday activity than taking Lilly to see all the animals that we've been making her mimic.

All the way to the zoo, she was saying "going to the zoo!" Secretly, I think I was just as excited as she was. I think she gets her love of animals from me. I was worried that the weather wouldn't cooperate with us, since yesterday was downpouring most of the day, but luck was on our side, and gifted us with a beautifully sunny, cool day. To say it was perfect would not be exaggerating. Anyway, my mom, Jeff, Karder, Kevin, Jan, Jack, and Susan all came to spend the day with our birthday girl. Lilly insisted on being glued to Kevin's side, and wouldn't even let me, let alone my mom, hold her. Grandpa's girl, that's for sure.

Before we left the zoo, we stopped off at the gift shop to get Lilly a stuffed animal. She picked a mommy and baby giraffe set. My mom also spoiled her and got her a giant polar bear. I spoiled her with a zoo cup and some binoculars (there's a long story behind why). In the end, the day went much smoother than I thought it would. I was slightly worried that she'd be over it all within the first hour, or that we'd end up leaving early due to a tantrum, but she was great the whole time, as long as we weren't trying to force her to stay in one place. Granted, getting her to hold still and smile for pictures is still impossible, but I'll take the trade off. All the fun wore her out, and she was asleep in the car before we even got to the freeway.

As if she even cared, we decided to go out to dinner to celebrate. I let Ryan pick. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings, more for daddy's sake than for Lilly's. She sat in a big girl chair the whole time, and ate all of her mac & cheese. I was so proud! I think it's safe to say Lilly went to bed tonight, cuddled up with her new zoo stuffed animals, one very happy girl.

P.S. I think it's worth mentioning that Bear-bear turned one today, too.

I don't think it's unexpected, but PICTURE OVERLOAD.

Begged to hold his hand within the first minute of entering the zoo, and I don't think she let go the entire time.

She loves her cousin "Tarder"





Right before mom ran her over....
Giving the giant elephant a hug









If you couldn't tell, she loves hugging things...
...and kissing things



Two "dammas"
Bear-bear kisses


I think the grizzlies were my favorite

Lilly thought he wanted some of her fruit snacks, so she offered him a bite


What a goof

Jack and Susan arrived a bit later, and when she saw them, she ran all the way over for hugs
Mom made us wear animal hats, and Jacks says to me "do you know what a tiger would do to a giraffe?" as he banged his head into mine, to simulate his tiger eating my giraffe.



The first thing she did was poke the nipple. Ugh. I don't really know what to tell her that is...

Waving



Thumbs up!


Pushing a full-grown man and a baby up a hill is tough work.

"Nope, I'm not smiling"
We told her to make her angry face, because it always promises a laugh afterwards. 


I told her to pick any animal she wanted, and, being my daughter, she ran over to the $60 giraffe, and threw a fit until I let her play with it. 


Letting grandpa look through her new binoculars

Seriously, isn't that a smile on her face? She was just that happy!




Reading her birthday card from Grandma and Grandpa Moore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment