Let me start off by letting out a big sigh. I'm pooped! I've been planning Lilly's birthday party for months. Well, mostly just playing around on Pinterest. Today all my hard work came together, and I was glad I got a head start on everything, because it looked great. I threw together a Sesame Street bash for our little Elmo-loving girl. Food included things like Elmo noses (cheese puffs), Mr. Noodle pasta salad, Oscar trash cans, Abby wands, and Big Bird deviled eggs. And to top off the party, Lilly blew out candles on her homemade Elmo/Cookie Monster cake. It was a great day, and we all earned our naps.
 |
| Poor Cookie Monster |
 |
| Chocolate pudding cups with crumbled Oreos and a "Slimy the Worm" on top |
 |
| I spent all of last night scrapbooking like a crazy woman, trying to get the zoo trip scrapbooked for her party. |
 |
| It says "Stop here, you see, and write a special message to me. A favorite memory, or just to say hi, to our favorite two year-old sweetie pie. On the front, the back, or any pages, it's something I'll treasure all my ages." I think I'll have a sign in book for all of her birthday parties. |
 |
| Proud to say that I designed and constructed all of the signs and paper crafts at the party |
 |
| This is what I get for ordering my pom-poms online. Does this look like 10 inches to you? |
 |
| A Nanny original. I came up with this idea all by myself! The cake ball is blue velvet, so everyone's mouths were dyed blue. |
 |
| Made the "Lilly" topper out of fondant |
 |
| She got a block train on her birthday, and got ladybug rain boots from us at the party |
 |
| Grandma DD got her a dress-up chest, stuffed with hats, boas, and lots of jewelry. |
 |
| Double-sided cake. This was the Cookie Monster side |
 |
| Glued to her favorite person again |
 |
| Playing "upside down" |
 |
| We couldn't fit all the balloons in our car, so we let her release them |
 |
| We thought she'd be sad, but she ended up yelling "bye, happy birthday balloons!" |
.JPG) |
| Passed out and covered in chocolate. I'd say that means we had a successful party |
No comments:
Post a Comment