May 10, 2014

How To... Get to Sesame Street!

I get told a lot that I need to post more "how to" instructions for all the crafts and projects I do. So, this time around, I documented Lilly's Sesame Street sign step-by-step.

Step 1. Get the biggest box you can find. This was the easy part, since my mom works at a moving company. Step 2. Cut the box down one of the side seams. I just used an X-acto knife. 


Step 3. Maybe I should put Step 1a: do this project while the baby is sleeping. When Lilly got up from her nap, she was so excited that there was a box to play on. Anyway, back to Step 3. Sketch your sign onto the box. I just used pencil. Again, do this without a baby. Lilly and I battled for the pencil the entire time.



"Is this for ME?!"

Step 4: use an X-acto knife to cut out the sign. I left a lip at the bottom, to help the sign stand up once complete. The whole thing is quite floppy, so I glued some reinforcing sticks onto the back, to give it support.


Step 5. Paint your little heart out. I just used a couple bottles of the cheepo paints from the craft store. All I really needed was black, white, yellow, and green. 




No comments:

Post a Comment