April 6, 2014

Porter's Place

I was in "bad wife" mode yesterday. Between neglecting my cleaning responsibilities for scrapbooking and not having anything for dinner, I failed. We had originally planned to spend the weekend up at Kevin & Jan's for conference, but they both came down with the flu, so we had to cancel. Well, that threw a wrench in things, since I didn't plan meals or buy groceries for the weekend. Instead of making me cook for dinner yesterday, Ryan took me out real fast before he had to leave for the priesthood session.

He did his research this time, and took us to a little dive called "Porter's Place." It's a western-themed, old-school burger and steak place. All of their burgers and sandwiches are named after famous, historical Mormons or Utah landmarks. The only one I can remember off the top of my head is the "Brigham burger." Ryan specifically picked this place because they offered elk and bison burgers. I went for the food, but fell in love with the decor and ambiance. They even had old saloon piano music playing. Oh, and Lilly's high chair was an old wooden one. I couldn't get enough of how well they themed everything.

I got the "Great Salt Lake" burger, which was just a halibut sandwich....with extra tarter sauce! Ryan got the bison burger, and Lilly and Bear-bear got chicken nuggets. I happened to really like my meal. Too bad I could only eat half of my sandwich! I just sat and stared at the plate full of uneaten fries the whole time. Ryan had a hard time accepting that his burger was delicious, since he kept comparing it to the bison burger from Blue Plate diner. His complaints were that it wasn't as flavorful or juicy. But, we liked the place so much, and they had lots of other things we wanted to try, I'm positive we'll go back.



The bar and most of the decor was over 100 years old. I felt like I was actually in the Wild West.
Isn't that highchair so cute!
SOOOOO bored
Any time the waitress would walk by, she'd yell "Yay-yay num-nums!!" Basically demanding food.

Super happy until daddy started to pretend to take her nose...

That's her mad face. She was slapping the table, like "DADDY! Stop taking my nose!!!"
Feeding Bear-bear
These two. Can't take them anywhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment