April 6, 2014

All Caught Up

I decided after last General Conference, that I needed to change up how I watch. I usually lounge either in bed or on the couch, and it always ends up with me falling asleep. Growing up, my mom always blasted conference while cleaning, and the words of the speakers could be heard throughout the house. I find that I can actually listen better when my hands are busy, so I decided to follow in mom's footsteps this time around. I had initially planned on being neck-deep in cleaning supplies while I scrubbed my house like a mad woman, but that lost out to my desire to finish scrapbooking the last 4 years of our lives. 

I gotta say, my twist on mom's work-while-you-listen routine is definitely my new tradition! I LOVED getting lost in my crafts while listening to conference. Lilly conveniently napped during most sessions, so I was able to completely focus on what I was doing. I'm proud to report that I've finished scrapbooking ALL of the events from the past 4 years. I still have to print out labels for some of Lilly's pictures, but the hard work is all done. I now have 6 stuffed scrapbooks on display in our living room. Will anyone but me ever stop to look at them? Probably not, but I still love them. 

Sorry about the quality of some of these pictures. The lighting was bad, but I was too anxious to get the pictures to care.


Updated versions of the pages I showed last time...  
I saw this in the store and KNEW it was made for me. Tiffany blue with grey polka dots. I LOVE my newest scrapbook. Despite getting a new book, I still feel like I need one more, just to relieve some of the other stuffed ones. I won't have any room if any scrapbook-worthy events happen any time soon...



Caught up to present-day!


I was super annoyed when I realized that the "Friends Forever" banner had a typo. It said "FrieEnds" TWO Es! I now have to make my own "N" flag before this page is complete. Ryan said "no wonder that scrapbook store was going out of business!"



I had so many pictures of Kevin and Lilly, I had a hard time narrowing them down.



Lilly's "baby" album. Pregnancy, birth, and newborns.
I was also able to FINALLY scrapbook our 2010 Caribbean cruise. Ryan bought me this scrapbook ON the cruise, so it's even more special
I plan to write the cruise date on the front of the ship



The Puerto Rico page is kind of bland, so I'm hunting down this pack of stickers. 





The wedding!! I tried to keep all the paper in the blue and brown range, since those were our colors.


I used glitter paper in the background, since my shoes were glittery... I now have craft Herpes all over my house!!!

I LOVE the little Salt Lake temple decal




This page is bland, so I'm hunting down something to spruce it up. 

I loved the "Do Not Disturb" sticker

The parasailing page is waiting for me to find these stickers. 

My solution to storing (and being able to carry around) my HUNDREDS of decals and stickers. I keep them organized in files, according to theme. Eventually, when I can have my own craft room (yes, it's GOING to happen), I'll have a better system.
I used some of my allowance money this weekend. I practically HAD to. It's a little tote to carry around all my supplies. I lug all my scrapbook stuff (sticker basket, paper, etc, etc) to the bedroom each night, and this makes it so much easier now. Gonna go back for the matching wheely tote tomorrow, since they're 50% off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment