Knowing my Lilly, I knew Easter this year would be right up her alley. She LOVES baskets, she loves putting things in baskets, and she loves jelly beans. How could we go wrong? We spent the weekend up in Syracuse, so Grandma and Grandpa Goodrich got to join in on the fun. Thank goodness, because if we were at home, we wouldn't have had a big yard to hide eggs in. In my mind, I thought Lilly would discover her first egg, realize there was candy inside, and lose interest in all the other eggs, when she would insist on eating all the candy before moving on. To my surprise, she was able to ignore the candy, and actually enjoyed getting to collect eggs in her bucket. Once in a while, she'd crack one open and get showered with jelly beans. I'd let her eat one, and then say "okay, let's go get more!" and she'd keep going. Erin and I brought way too many eggs, so the kids were destined to get bored with it at some point, and they did, so the parents all had to gather the rest.
Oh, and Lilly got to wear the Easter dress that my mom got her. As always, she looked like a little angel. Thanks, mom!! Easter, round 2, next weekend with my side of the family!
 |
| The first thing she went for was the Peeps. |
 |
| Her face cracks me up in this one. "Meh, it's okay..." |
 |
| I hit up all the dollar sections at every store. Lots of coloring and mess-making stuff. |
 |
| Keeping with tradition, Ryan's "eggs" were all Star Wars. |
 |
| But apparently he thought they were stupid... |
.JPG) |
| I didn't even bother taking my Easter basket up. I ate all the chocolate the week before (it was a bad week). But the Easter Bunny brought me scrapbooking stuff!! |
 |
| Growing up, our eggs were always hidden in trees and bushes, but also scattered in the grass, in plain view. As I was dropping them along as I walked, I couldn't help but feel like everyone thought I was weird, and that they didn't have the same childhood experience with eggs out in the open. |
 |
| Christian captured me in my egg throwing frolic. Behold my glory! (too-big pants and all!!) |
 |
| Confused as to why there were little bears in the tree |
 |
| Oh, hey, there's an egg... |
 |
| Jan stuffed a few eggs with marshmallows, and Lilly insisted on eating those ones STAT. |
 |
| Part of her Easter basket, that wouldn't fit in the actual basket, was a beach pale and shovel. She was able to use that to collect her eggs. |
 |
| The only way I could get Easter kisses was to bribe her with marshmallows. |
No comments:
Post a Comment