April 22, 2014

Baby's Day Out

When we visited my mom on Sunday, Jack & Susan were there, and the first thing out of Susan's mouth was "CAN I BABYSIT LILLY TOMORROW?!" I was more than willing to let her and Jack watch Lilly, but I worried...not for Lilly's sake, but for theirs. Lilly was in such a funk Sunday night, I wondered if she'd be a brat and throw a fit the whole time, or just cry for mommy. She woke up super happy yesterday, and was beyond excited to see them, so I was comforted in sending her with them.

I had an entire day free, and didn't know what to do with myself! I started with picking up the house a bit. Then I ran errands. There's something about getting to quietly browse through a store, all alone, that just does it for me. I was able to grocery shop without Lilly screaming about hating the shopping cart seat belt, reaching for everything, or throwing a fit. I had planned to go to the gym after that, but I only had a few more hours, and decided a relaxing nap was more important than the gym. If I was being gifted time alone, I was going to use it to do something I don't get to do often. 

The plan was to get Lilly back around 5:30, have dinner with Jack and Susan, and then have FHE. I whipped up a double batch of cookies, baked rigatoni, cheesy garlic bread, and a salad, and waited for the crew to arrive. Lilly arrived home unharmed, and super happy. Jack and Susan, not so much. They were BEAT! Poor guys were so tired, they just wanted to eat and sleep. FHE never happened, because they were too tired. We just ate dinner and listened to them tell funny stories about Lilly throwing tantrums, Susan gagging while having to change a super bad poopy diaper, Lilly crawling all over their furniture, feeding Lilly jelly beans and enduring the crazy baby sugar high, and the three of them taking a nap on their bed. I laughed and welcomed them to the world of parenting. That overwhelming feeling of fatigue is one that I've grown used to. I secretly hoped that I deterred them from having any mini-Griffins any time soon. Let's just say, the invite to watch Lilly any time I want has been withdrawn. 

Super happy! Little did they know what was in store....

When Lilly's away, Willow will play baby. I found her in Lilly's crib. Apparently she missed Lilly. 

Jack said she refused to come out from under the stool, and screamed "Hi, Jack!" and "Hi, Susie!" all day.


They took her to get a caramel apple, and she just wanted to play with the giant bear.
Making Bear-bear give "mommy bear" a hug.



No comments:

Post a Comment