April 29, 2014

'Cause I'm Bored

Real fast rant... I'm only blogging right now because my upstairs neighbors ruined a perfectly wonderful nap. Lilly wasn't affected, but my tired bum decided to give up. Rant over.

Anyway, I decided to take some time to show the summer decoration updates to our house. As much as I loved my spring shelf, I was super excited to introduce summer. Mostly because said neighbors ^^ are so insanely loud, stuff falls off of my shelf, and since I had so much cute glass stuff, I decided to tone it down a bit and move into summer. Seriously, can you tell I want to move already?! My summer theme has been a mix between "country" and sunflowers. I saw some sunflower kissing balls at Michael's and knew they were meant just for the hooks of my shelf. And while wandering Joann's, I found the LAST (always a sign that I have to buy something) cute teal shutter hooks. I recently discovered (to both mine and Ryan's horror) the store "The Wood Connection." It's right next to the gym. All I wanted to do was waste 20 minutes because I got to the gym too early, and instead I considered cancelling the appointment, just to be able to browse the store more. I've been able to talk myself out of buying all the cute wooden letters and decorations that I want for my shelf, simply because I'm not very good at Modge Podging stuff, and, well, I'm poor. So I settled on a small(ish) project of a wooden "Goodrich" banner. Throw in some more sunflowers, a few white pitchers, and some potted plants (fake, of course), and you've got yourself one heck of a cute shelf. Now here's to hoping the constant stomping from upstairs doesn't knock it down...

So that's the dining room. Now onto the office, or the Nan-cave. My recent scrapbook obsession started to make me realize that I didn't have very good storage for my paper or decals. So I saved my allowance money and got myself some nice, wooden paper shelves, a new rolly cart for all my supplies, and a pink chevron basket for my stickers/embellishments. When we finally get a house, the first thing I'm going to do is run inside and declare one of the rooms as my craft room, and perhaps this shelving unit will grow and gain new additions. 

I haven't done any of my chalkboards since Jack's wedding, because I'm planning on using them for Lilly's birthday party, and I didn't want to put in a bunch of effort, just to have to erase them in a few weeks. So for now, they will be bare. 

I'm slowly incorporating burlap accents into my dining room. When we get a house, and the dining "room" is actually a room that I can distinguish a pattern in, I think it'll be a country chevron theme. Grey chevron, with burlap....maybe some white lace. We'll see. 

I realized I never posted on my completed plate from back in February. It turned out AMAZING! 

Running out of space in the office for all of our stuff. I now have two rolly carts, one tall, one double-sided and shorter. I hope one day to add another (maybe two) row of wooden organizing cubes to this unit. What's cool is you can buy all sorts of additions, like shelves, drawers, cubes, etc, etc, and customize your piece. For now, all I need is something for my paper. And yes, I do plan on having one slot for each color, and more than just one piece. Baby steps! Eventually those slots will be full! 

No comments:

Post a Comment