March 9, 2014

Sweet Sendoffs

Today was the day that I had been telling Ryan was the one I needed to get through to consider having successfully survived the wedding chaos. We had planned to get up at 6:30 to go to Catholic mass with dad and grandma, at the church that we went to while growing up, then out to breakfast at the Belgian Waffle before dropping them off at the airport and reclaiming our car, but, well, that didn't happen (did you love that run-on sentence?). I blame daylight savings. We were WAY too tired to do anything but put on sweat pants and wake up enough to meet them at the airport.

This was the first time in maybe 20 years that Grandma Griffin has been in Utah, and I don't think we'll be able to get her back any time soon. I was worried that our goodbyes this morning would be hard on grandma and dad, but they were quick and painless; like pulling off a Bandaid. I'll sure miss them, but hopefully we can go up to see them this summer. I got to see how much they both adore Lilly, and have memories to last me forever!!

I got my second wind when we got home, and instead of taking the nap that I had been waiting for, I cleaned up the house, reincorporated all the wedding stuff back into my house, did another load of dishes, and edited some of the 800+ reception pictures that I took. I did eventually get my nap, because Lilly's nap lasted about 4 hours. She had a lot of catching up to do with sleep, too. Oh my goodness, that nap was nice. I didn't wake up every hour, worrying about what still had to be done for the wedding, and instead fantasized about getting back to my normal routine this week. 





No comments:

Post a Comment