As I was panicking for the weeks leading up to the wedding reception, and mega-panicking as it dawned on me that I had SO much to do, I tried to stay positive by remembering that after this night, it was all over, and I may actually get a nap. I woke up bright and early yesterday morning and started cooking. After eating my Cafe Rio spread at Susan's bridal shower, Connie asked me if I would cook the rice and beans for the reception. They were having someone make BBQ pulled pork, and Connie thought my sides would be perfect additions. How could I say no? I was honored, yet terrified...
Only 6 hours and about 10 batches of rice later, I was patting myself on the back for a job well done. Everything was ready and had turned out perfectly. I even had time to clean my house before leaving for the reception!! Connie and Susan did such an amazing job with decorating. It made me wish that I could get re-married to Ryan every year, just to have another reception. I was also pretty proud of how amazing my chalkboards looked with the vintage theme.
Before the reception, we had a ring ceremony. I didn't get to have one for my dad, so he didn't really get to see any official "wedding" stuff, so it was kind of something I insisted that Jack do for his sake. Ryan got to be a groomsman, and I got to be a bridesmaid. My hubby sure does look sexy in a vest and bow tie! Jack knew that Susan didn't like speaking in public, so he took a few minutes to speak on their behalf, and tell Susan how much he loved her. He had all the bridesmaids in tears! I sure hope the photographer got some good pictures of that!
The reception was a whirlwind. All I remember was a ridiculously long ring ceremony, that probably only felt longer than it was because my feet were KILLING me, watching 6 weeks of training Lilly to be a flower girl go out the window, when they completely skipped her all together, lots of food and feeling proud that everyone was loving my rice and beans, and hours of watching Lilly spin in circles and dance with everyone. No joke, Lilly was the life of the party and promises to be one heck of a dancing queen when she's older. I was confident that she'd crash at some point, after hours of dancing, yet surprised that she managed to stay awake and happy for the entire reception. She hates being confined, so we just let her run around and socialize with everyone, and I don't think she's ever been so happy. She didn't get to bed until about 10! I felt obligated to follow through with taking pictures of the send off, and help clean up.
Despite weeks of stressing, spending myself into the poor house, and cooking for hundreds of people, I survived! And it was all worth it, because I gained an amazing sister! Her and Jack are so happy, and I couldn't be more excited for everything the future holds for them.
It was a wedding reception, so naturally, there are a TON of pictures to show....
.JPG) |
| A bit scared about how much cooking I had to do |
.JPG) |
| My wrist hurt from using the can opener on all of these |
.JPG) |
| I had to cut 10 POUNDS, of some of the biggest onions I've ever seen, and I was bawling. |
.JPG) |
| Ryan was in the shower while I was cutting, and when he came walking into the kitchen, just the fumes had him crying |
.JPG) |
| Ryan took Lilly to the park, to give me about an hour to clean and cook in peace. It was lovely! |
 |
| "Cards and gifts" chalkboard |
 |
| I did the chalkboard in Irish font. When I wiped down the chalkboard this morning, it wouldn't come off, so I get to remember this sign forever, I guess. |
 |
| It took me about 4 days to make Jack's Notre Dame helmet groom's cake, and only 5 seconds to feel my heart break when they finally cut into it. I was especially proud of my homemade "Kiss Like a Champion Today" sign, so I brought it home. |
 |
| I made this a few months ago at Color Me Mine. Everyone does the "money dance," but I thought this was creative and different. |
 |
| I LOVED the cake topper! |
 |
| Twirling... |
 |
| Seductively posing as mom tried to get her to dance with Bear-bear |
 |
| Ryan's parents came!! |
 |
| Dancing with mommy and daddy |
 |
| Spinning Lilly around on the wood floor. |
 |
| We don't have many pictures of both my parents together, so I had to snap one of them looking on, happily. |
 |
| One of my favorites that I did. "Pick a seat, not a side. We're all family once the knot is tied!" |
 |
| The crowd made a dance circle, and Lilly went running in to show off her moves with Jack. The room burst into hysterics when Jack got her to twerk. |
 |
| Wanting to know what's under Susan's dress. |
 |
| Daddy and grandpa watching Lilly dance. I love how happy my dad looks. |
 |
| Dancing with Grandma Connie |
These next few pictures show how amazingly sweet and southern-gentlemanly Susan's brothers are. Ever since they got here, they've all had moments of treating Lilly like their own.
 |
| This is Matt, helping Lilly onto the chair |
 |
| Susan's oldest brother, Sam, sharing his gummy bears. |
 |
| And Susan's brother Chris and his new wife Kenzie, giving her loves and gummy bears. I can't tell you how many times I saw Chris sneak a kiss from Lilly. SOOOO sweet with her! |
 |
| Sharing her gummy bears. |
 |
| Enjoying the ONLY slow dance they had. I thought that was weird... |
 |
| Getting to slow dance with grandpa. |
 |
| Gangnam style!! |
 |
| She kept grabbing all the cake ball footballs off the groom's cake |
 |
| It was really hard for me to erase this board. |
 |
| Sparkler send off |
 |
| I don't know if this is a Southern thing, but everyone seemed to think it was something that happens at all weddings...Literally LIFTING their car off the ground. I think what I love most about this picture is Connie, cheering them on. |
.JPG) |
| Jack and Susan were gifted Nerf guns, so Lilly played with them while we helped clean up. |
FLASHBACK!
We took a few minutes nearly every night for 6 weeks, teaching Lilly how to walk down the hall, throwing flowers. The ring ceremony was a bit disorganized at the beginning, so they didn't even have her do it. I was slightly relieved, since I wasn't sure she'd want to walk down the aisle, or that she would throw flowers.
.JPG) |
| Yep, diaper and cowboy boots, so what?! |
No comments:
Post a Comment