March 3, 2014

Quiet Time

While wandering aimlessly through Target a couple of months ago, I stumbled across a toy that I thought was perfect for keeping Lilly quiet at church. It reminded me of all the magnetic drawing toys that I had when I was younger, but much more modern, and, let's face it, much cooler. As if just drawing wasn't enough, it comes with 4 animal stamps. Lilly loves to wander the house with them or put them on her fingers. When we're at church, I spend more time playing with the toy than she does. She likes it when I draw her pictures and she guesses what they are. Nothing makes me feel more like a great artist than when Lilly can guess (correctly) what I've drawn. 

Here are some pictures of how our Sunday went...

If I'm in the office, she insists on watching Curious George. I found her sitting stance a bit weird.


Daddy's latest hair concoction
I've been asked to do all of the chalkboards for Jack and Susan's reception, so  I let Lilly help me. Mostly I was just trying to keep her distracted with her own board and chalk, so she wouldn't ruin the one I was working on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment