March 9, 2014

Last Day of Singlehood!

Waking up the next morning, with Jack sleeping on my couch, was a bit weird. I made him and Lilly breakfast, finished folding his laundry, and got everyone ready for another day of running errands. Jack's last day of being single! First was a trip to Target. I wanted to put together a gift bag for Susan's bachelorette party. I got Susie a temple journal, to write down the names of everyone she goes through the temple for. I have been filling one out since I first went through the temple, and I wanted her to start keeping one. I also got her the obligatory lace underwear, and some bubble bath. It didn't help that Jack was with me, and kept telling me what he liked.

After Target, we ran to Jack's house to get his honeymoon suitcase packed. It was my first time at their house, and the first thing I noticed was that Jack definitely lives there and still thinks he lives in a house where other people will pick up after him. It was a mess, and I made mental note that while they're on their honeymoon, I will most definitely be spending a few days cleaning it up for them. We only just had enough time to get to the airport to pick up my dad and Grandma Griffin. I had only been home for all of about 3 hours that morning, and I was definitely starting to get sick of how much we were doing that day, since I had so much to do at home.

We went out to dinner at Olive Garden that night. I don't think anyone cared about the fact that Jack was getting married the next morning, but instead wanted to spend the evening laughing at and playing with Lilly. Grandma was loving getting to play with her "little lamby". Unfortunately, I had to rush everyone out of dinner, since I had to get everyone home so that I could go to Susan's bachelorette party. Dad and Grandma were using our second car, so I was everyone's driver. First I had to pick up Susan and her friend up at my mom's house (in the pouring rain), then drop Ryan and Lilly off at home, then stop at Walmart to pick up orange juice for the party (per the last-minute request of the panicking hostess), then pick up another one of Susan's friends at the BYU dorms, then drive (and get lost) to Spanish Fork for the party. Suffice it to say, we were about an hour late, and a tank low on gas....

The party was a "pajama glam" party, and being in my jammies had me wanting my bed that much more. We dined on little omelet muffins, the most amazing french toast and butter-syrup I've ever had, fruit, and OJ. Being a bacherlorette party, we played the mandatory naughty-themed games, only one of which I'll tell about. We each took a turn trying to stick a kiss on the bachelor, with our eyes closed. I got mine on his cheek, so I didn't feel like I was cheating on Ryan. It was fun. When it came time to open gifts, I think I was the only person that got Susan a serious gift, and I'm glad, because she LOVED the journal. The party took a quick spiritual turn between all the wedding night talk...very refreshing. 

During the party, I was texting like a maniac with Jack and Connie, who were both in a panic about things they left at Jack's house. Jack's about to live the most important day of his life, and he forgets his temple recommend and his marriage license!? Connie, Chris, and the brothers all left their suits and temple bags, so we had to stop off at the house on our way home, to grab everything. Susan and I were a tad bit annoyed. Me, because it added about 40 minutes onto my already-late night, and Susan, because she couldn't understand how everyone was forgetting important things. After dropping everyone off, having to make a few double-trips for other forgotten things, stopping off at mom's to drop off Jack's temple bag, I FINALLY made it home at about 1. I only had one moment of near-breakdown crying before the night was over, but I calmed down...





Lilly's first Costco hot dog and pizza experience. I kid you not, Jack ate 2 slices of pizza, his own hot dog, and half of mine. Wow. 







I was bragging about how I had a fool-proof scientific method for finding his lips, so they all made me put one arm behind my back. 

We each got a wine/champagne glass to take home, and mine shattered the next morning when it fell out of my diaper bag. Dangit. 

Susan had the honor of spinning everyone. She had me legitimately dizzy.



Undies for two! Jessica was helping her test them out. 




No comments:

Post a Comment