As if I really need an excuse to spend the day at my happy place, I offered to treat my mom to a night at Color Me Mine for her birthday. We go every year on our birthdays. I'd been thinking about my projects for quite a while, and had a bunch of ideas in mind. A few of them are being saved for later, when the store offers pieces that I like. It's probably a good thing that they didn't have everything I wanted, otherwise we'd be declaring bankruptcy.
What I did end up doing were two plates. One was light grey chevron with a Tiffany blue "g." on it. And the other was Lilly's cute piggy tail silhouette. Simple enough, right? Well, Lilly made the first little bit quite miserable, because she didn't want to stay put in the high chair. I forsaw this and brought coloring books, crayons, and lots of snacks, but she got bored much faster than I anticipated. Ryan ended up coming to the rescue and took her to the nearby mall for about an hour. Once she was with him, it was nice to feel my anxiety level lower, and be able to focus on my painting. And, like I always say, I can't wait to get them back!
.JPG) |
| I had just yelled at her for trying to stick the paint-covered brush into her mouth, and this is her, looking at me like "I wonder if she'll notice if I try to do it again" |
.JPG) |
| Mom loved how she stuck out her lip when she was focusing |
.JPG) |
| She somehow managed to get pen, marker, AND paint on her face |
.JPG) |
| Ignore the messy "Lilly." I had to redo some of the letters, but the marker will burn off in the kiln |
.JPG) |
| Really wanting mommy |
.JPG) |
| I'm not entirely sure how she managed to get pen in her armpit |
No comments:
Post a Comment