March 3, 2014

Birthday Puppy

Sorry for the influx of posts tonight. I wanted to get them all done, since this week is going to busy and full of other post-worthy activities...activities that will probably have me so busy, I won't get to post, and I don't want a huge pile by the end of the week. Bear with me...

I forgot to post about this last week. Elsa (the girl I used to babysit) turned twelve on Wednesday. Ryan and I had been wanting to get her a large gift, to thank her for all the times she babysat for us and didn't let us pay her. I asked her mom what to get her, nearly once a week for at least 2 months, and every time, she would just brush off the question. When we started to get down to the wire, I threatened her that if she didn't tell me what Elsa wanted, I'd buy her a puppy (knowing that she desperately wants a puppy right now, and her parents desperately DON'T want a puppy). In the end, I talked with Elsa, and she told me that she was saving up for a new bike, so Ryan and I paid the remaining balance that she needed for it. 

As a joke, we dressed Lilly up and painted her nose to look like a puppy, and took her to say hi to Elsa on her birthday. Lilly was especially cranky that night, so we didn't stay long. But I think it's safe to say that Elsa loved her new "puppy". 


Not even to the car, and already throwing a fit. I know my mom is probably proud of me for taking a marker to Lilly's face again. This time it was washable marker, so when she was crying and rubbing her face, she ended up getting bluish/black ink everywhere. 

When we got out of the car, Lilly was crying, but when she saw Elsa, she ran over, arms outstretched, and wanted to be picked up. That totally made Elsa's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment