This year we get 3 Christmases. First was at my mom's house. Next will be tomorrow morning, with just Ryan, Lilly, and I, and then Christmas Day with the Goodrich's, up in Layton. I've spent the past couple of months collecting gifts for everyone. My favorite "project" was putting together a gift basket for Jack and Susan. We got them a bunch of movies, a ticket to see the new Anchor Man movie, Star Wars ear buds, a necklace for Susan that read "S&J," tons of candy, and, my personal favorite, a nice Canon camera. We also gave them the 32" TV from Black Friday. Yeah, they got spoiled. For my mom, we got her an Origami Owl floating locket, with the birthstones of all 10 of her grandkids. We also got her Despicable Me, Despicable Me 2, Galaxy Quest, Despicable Me Monopoly, and an iPad. A very subtle Minion theme to her Christmas.
On top of all the store-bought gifts, I made a few homemade gifts. For Susan, I made a proposal shadow box with the roses that we gave her the night of the proposal. For my step-sister Tami, I made a clock with a picture from the day of their sealing. Lilly kept playing with the hands of the clock, so it was a bit finicky to fix.
My mom has been a busy elf, too. Since she's been bed-ridden since her surgery, she's had lots of times to do her own crafts. She made everyone in the family a set of clay mouse ornaments, blankets, a couple of shadow boxes, and even had time to make us our very own, custom stockings. We bought the fabric a few weeks ago, and she sewed them and had one of her friends embroider them. It was a very sentimental gift theme from mom....that's my favorite!
Since mom couldn't spend all day cooking in the kitchen, I tried to make as much of the dinner as I could. I made funeral potatoes (with the help of the potato-peeling Superman!), a ham, and green beans. Everyone else brought a side dish to complete the meal. As always, it was yummy! After dinner, we gathered in the living room to open presents. Lilly couldn't have cared less, and instead wanted to eat all of Ryan's M&Ms. She completely missed that grandma spoiled her with a princess castle, lots of books, and a cute coat. Granted, she has spent all morning playing in her castle, so I think she likes it.
 |
| It's hard to see all that well. But the background is the picture of Jack on one knee, in front of the temple. The roses are hanging and wrapped with ribbon that says "Mr. & Mrs.," and I put little twinkle lights all around. Susie loved it! |
.JPG) |
| Wearing his Superman jammies while peeling potatoes |
.JPG) |
| Riding around the house on Scooty. |
.JPG) |
| Post-Christmas destruction |
 |
| Lilly's blankie from grandma. |
.jpeg) |
| So tired... |
 |
| Cousin Paisley wanted a hug |
.JPG) |
| Aren't they so cute!! Chevron for mom and dad, and then teal polka dot for kids. And yes, we got enough fabric to make more stockings for future kids. |
 |
| Jack laughed, because she made that "oh, great, clothes...." face. Ha! |
 |
| Super excited about the Mario gummy bears. |
 |
| That's the best picture of their basket. I forgot to get a closeup... |
 |
| We have lots of May and August birthdays in our family |
 |
| My Notre Dame blankie!! |
 |
| Peeking her head out and saying "Boo!" |
 |
| Reading her new books |
 |
| My mamma knows me so well! |
No comments:
Post a Comment