Ever since I got back from Seattle, I've had the biggest urge to put up all of my Christmas decorations. But because of the late-night proposal and Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's, I had to wait until today. While the kids took their morning nap, I lugged in all of the totes with the decorations. I wasn't going to put up a tree this year, because I knew that I'd spend 24/7 yelling at Lilly for taking off the ornaments. But my mom convinced me to put it up and not rob Lilly of the experience. I'm already kind of regretting the decision, because while I was in the kitchen, I heard Lilly gasp and then crying. The kind of cry that sends my heart into my throat because I know she's in pain. She had taken off one of the ornaments and managed to get the topper off, and then poked herself. I felt so bad! We'll just have to be better about watching her.
The past few years, our tree has been blue and brown theme, but this year, I got some damask ribbon and some black and silver accents, and we got a whole new look! I keep telling Lilly not to touch, and when she gets upset, I tell her that she can only poke. So she goes up to the tree and just pokes the ornaments, instead of pulling them off. Ryan made a barrier with the ottomans, just in case. I wish it was acceptable to keep Christmas up for longer than a month, because I so love how cozy my house feels right now.
 |
| I've since removed the chalkly finger prints... |
 |
| I found some Star Wars ornaments for Ryan |
 |
| "Though it may be small, it is but fierce." haha, I have to keep repearting that to myself when I get sad about how dinky and small the tree is. |
 |
| This wreath is hanging on my "Welcome" sign post. But I refuse to put it outside because our downstairs neighbors keep vandalizing it. |
 |
| I finally remembered to put out the little Christmas village houses that Grandma Moore and Jan got me the past few Christmases. And I finally got an advent calendar. |
Love it! Where did you get your advent calendar? I want one like that!!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYou won't be surprised...TARGET!!
ReplyDelete