While I was out of town, my mom had some pretty intense foot surgery. Leave it to Jack and I to both leave town when my mom needs us most. She'll be down for a few months. Okay, so this is one of the reasons why I love Susan so much. My mom didn't have anyone to take care of her, so Susan stayed over for a few days to play nurse. Sadly, mom can't walk and was still down from surgery, so she wasn't able to be part of the proposal. But, I did make sure that I gave Susan roses with tags from my mom and dad. Gotcha covered, mom!!
Another big event that was taking place this weekend was the Birrenkott family Thanksgiving dinner. All of the girls of the family offered to band together to make dinner so that mom wouldn't have to...not like she could anyway. I made the stuffing, mashed potatoes, cooked carrots, cranberries, and assisted Jeff with prepping the turkey. He even let me do 100% of the carving. Tami made the greenbean cassarole and brought the pies. And Kelsey made rolls and sweet potatoes. We made dinner while all of the guys were outside hanging Christmas lights. Between the three of us girls, with the help of our amazing assistant Susan, we made one heck of a Thanksgiving dinner. BUT, I ruined my dinner. While carving the turkey, any time I came across the perfect nugget of dark meat, I had to eat it. Oh, come on, you'd have done it too!!! I was only able to eat literally 3 bites of the food on my plate, and then I was disgustingly, uncomfortably full. I spent all of dinner feeding what I couldn't eat to Lilly. She was dozing off in her chair by the end. Her first turkey coma!!
Dinner was YUMMY, dessert was even better, and cleanup was quick. It can't get much better than that!!
.JPG) |
| Mom asked me to do her makeup for her |
.JPG) |
| Lilly decided to help... |
.JPG) |
| I don't think I'd want her touching my face |
.JPG) |
| Mom and Bear-bear looked so pretty |
.JPG) |
| Pretending to be asleep... |
.JPG) |
| Fake nigh-nigh |
 |
| "I have absolute power!" |
 |
| LOVE this girl! |
.JPG) |
| If Lilly sees someone sleeping, instead of being quiet, she'll get as close to their face as possible, and say "HI!" until they wake up. I must be the exception to the rule, because she just slaps me in the face to get me to wake up. Yesterday Ryan got kisses to wake him up. Hmmf! |
.JPG) |
| I look like a hunchback!! Let's just pretend it's muscle. |
 |
| Grandma Griffin, I took this picture for you. Inside the cover of this book is a handwritten note from 1997. You gave us this book when we were little, and now Lilly's enjoying it. |
 |
| The spread. It must have been good, because there weren't any leftovers |
 |
| I wasn't lying when I said I could only eat 3 bites. This is the before and after picture, when I was nauseatingly full. I loaded up my plate for Lilly and I, but as I was helping several other people get food, Ryan fed her off his plate, and she didn't want any of mine. Look at that! I didn't even touch the turkey!! |
.JPG) |
| Lilly and her cousin Paisley have the same coat!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment