Yesterday was just what I needed. Jan, Erin, Katherine, McKenna, Karen, Paula, Ciara, (Ryan's aunts and cousins) and I all got together for a girl's Pinterest craft day.
This is what we were attempting to make. All the women gathered into Jan and Kevin's basement, while the guys all got to play Mr. Mom upstairs. I think Lilly and Emma had fun getting to play together.
We all started with a pile of random assortments of wood, glue, some paint, a few stencils, and got at it. All I knew was that I wanted my post to be black. As for the sign, I didn't have anything planned. Erin and Katherine talked me into doing a chevron print with a teal "Welcome" on top. I won't lie, I was nervous that I would totally butcher the chevron pattern, but Katherine kept me motivated and even cheered me on to keep my spirits up. I'm proud to report that it turned out perfectly! Once my sign was done, I had an abundance of creative juices flowing, and nothing to use them on. Thankfully, McKenna and Katherine kept me busy. They each had me help them with their sign designs. While everyone was upstairs having lunch, I was in the basement, painting a teal damask pattern onto McKenna's sign. I was tempted to steal her sign once I got done. I think it's safe to say we all had a blast. I'm sure Erin and I will get together again soon so we can make more signs.
After everyone else had headed home (we were staying to watch the ND game), I ran out to Hobby Lobby to get some burlap ribbon for my post. It so needed a burlap addition. Since we had such an early start to our day, Ryan asked me to grab him a soda while I was out. He's really lucky he asked! When I went into Hobby Lobby and saw that EVERYTHING was 50% off, it took all my strength not to load up a cart. I kept thinking to myself "put it back, you don't have time! You still have to get Ryan a soda!!" Seriously, I could have gotten into so much trouble. But I found my ribbon and ran out of there before I could grab anything else. I stopped at McDonald's on the way home and got Ryan his soda.
When I walked into the house, Ryan and Lilly were snuggled up on the couch. She took turns between snuggling with Ryan and mooching cookies from grandpa. I spent literally OVER an hour trying to figure out how to make a burlap bow. Turns out, it's dang hard! And the tutorials online are rubbish. I'm not entirely happy with the outcome of the bow, but I didn't have it in me to devote another few hours to getting it right. My beautiful post is now happily sitting on my front porch. Bring on more projects!!
 |
| I was thrilled that Hobby Lobby had chevron burlap ribbon!! |
.JPG) |
| Begging for a bite of grandpa's cookie, even though she already had one in her hand. |
.JPG) |
| They gave Lilly a Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal that was the same size as she is. She LOVES it. |
.JPG) |
| "Okay, Pooh, let's go home!" |
No comments:
Post a Comment