I think we've all seen the spider deviled eggs on Pinterest, so I wanted to try making eyeball deviled eggs, just to change things up a bit. I started by boiling the eggs. Easy. Then when they were done, I cracked them ever so delicately, as to not remove any of the shell, and then soaked them in water and red food coloring. The food coloring gets under the shell wherever there is a crack, leaving web-like (or in my case, vein-like) lines all over the egg. Once all my blood-shot eyes were peeled and halved, I proceeded to make the deviled egg mixture per my normal, but right at the end, I felt a bit like a mad scientist as I slowly dropped in green food coloring. I was tempted to let out a maniacal laugh, but Lilly was napping, so I refrained. After squeezing the green goop into the eggs, the last step was placing a black olive on top. And voila! Eyeballs!!
![]() |
| I felt like I was in a morgue |





No comments:
Post a Comment