September 21, 2013

Mommy's Little Sponge

Lilly is at the best stage right now. She is learning so quickly! She copies everything I say, whether what she says makes sense or not, she takes instructions, and she likes it when I teach her new things. Today during lunch, she threw her string cheese on the floor, and Junie ran over to call dibs. I asked Lilly to throw it away, and without hesitation, she grabbed it, ran over to the garbage can, and threw it in. I was shocked! She proceeded to throw away any small pieces of fuzz or dirt that she found on the floor. I so love how much she mimics my OCD tendencies.

The best part of the day was when I taught her how to be a true Notre Dame football fan. Since I tend to be a bit of a loud cheerer, and that scares her every time we score, I've been working on trying to get her excited when mommy gets excited. I'm proud to say that she now knows what to do when I say "TOUCHDOWN!" I vote that teaching her this makes me a successful parent. I can't get over how cute and excited she is when she does it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

This next video shows Lilly blowing kisses. I worked long and hard to get her to not only do it when prompted, but also do it whenever someone tells her they love her. She's been doing it for a few months, and it still makes me smile every time she does it. My little angel has such a big heart.

Other than that, nothing terribly exciting happened today. I was legitimately bummed that Ryan was gone. I hate it when weekends feel like normal days. We had no one to go see, nothing to do, and no money for fun. I decided not to let it get me down too much. Being bipolar allowed me to bounce right from being bummed to being happy and motivated. I opened up all the windows and let in lots of sunshine. Then Lilly and I spent all day wandering around the house, I cleaned while she was naughty. I was able to mop the kitchen, laundry room, and 2 bathrooms, scrub the kitchen, clean some carpets, put away laundry, and take out the garbage. Actually, taking out the garbage was the highlight of the chores, because I let Lilly come with me. She found a puddle to play in, and insisted on saying "hi" to people that weren't there. Ryan successfully made it to Fort Worth after another long day of driving. I sure do miss him!

No comments:

Post a Comment