September 28, 2013

Freezing Fall

What is up with it being Summer and hot one day, and SNOWING and cold the next? Don't get me wrong, I love rain, but when I go out to get the mail, and I'm slipping and sliding on snow-covered sidewalks, I have a big problem with that. Did we just decide to skip Fall? Here's what the Goodrichs have been up to this past week...

Ryan got home super late Monday night, and, like the amazing man he is, went right into work the next morning without complaining. What a trooper! It was nice to have him come home that night and see how much Lilly missed him. I sure missed him! Playing a single mom is hard work! 

Nothing too exciting happened this week. I will say this, though, I went to the gym EVERY day this week! One of my physical goals, when deciding to lose weight, was to eventually start running. I've always had a bit of a love/hate relationship when it comes to running. I LOATHE it because I suck at it. That's what I get for being fat. But the times that I can actually manage to run for more than a minute without keeling over, I actually enjoy how empowered it makes me feel. I think I was born to be a runner...just trapped in a body that makes it impossible to run. Now, I'm not saying I'm going to take up running marathons, but I'd like to be able to run a mile without hacking up a lung. A few months ago, I dared to set foot on the treadmill. I hadn't realized how large my legs were. It felt like I was trying to run with two cinder blocks tied to my legs. My legs felt so heavy! This week, when I braved the experience again, I was so proud of myself! My legs felt so much lighter, and running was actually easy. I just need to learn how to focus on a happy place and control my breathing. Baby steps!

 Lilly had a fun week of helping me clean, playing with Joel, making messes with her food, playing with her bows and bears, crazy hair days, baby boots, and getting to visit grandma. Here's to hoping next week can be as productive!!


This perma-puddle is always at the bottom of the stairs, and Lilly ALWAYS has to stop to splash in it. 

I really want to know what my cats do while we're sleeping. Seriously, how did they even manage that?

She stole the vacuum attachment and wouldn't give it back. I think she thought it was a miniature vacuum, just for her. She would pretend to vacuum all the furniture and her toys. 

She insisted that her bears sit with her while she had breakfast.

I sure do love having a girl!


While Ryan was gone, the kitties enjoyed getting to hog his side of the bed. Junie, however, kept to her norm. She sleeps on my pillow every night, and most of the time she takes it upon herself to give me a forehead bath at midnight. 
I'm predicting that Lilly and Snickers will be best of buds now. Without help from my mom or myself, she started to share her snacks with the dog. Now it's all she wants to do...
Lilly gets a big kick out of the dog, but sometimes she gets a little overwhelmed with how worked up Snickers gets. She does this silly laugh/scream and gets all excited. 

She felt pretty awesome in her little baby Uggs. 

Her hair is coming in so fast, I may actually have to start doing it. Crazy!


No comments:

Post a Comment