We've been married almost 3 years, and I can count on one hand the number of times we've sat down to eat dinner at our dining room table. In fact, for the first year of our marriage, we ate dinner on the floor, at the coffee table every night. Good times. We've recently decided to change all that. One of my favorite things about Ryan's family is how close they are. When we go over for dinner, we all hold hands around the table and say the prayer. I wanted that kind of influence for our family and for Lilly, so I suggested that we needed to start making an effort to have family dinner each night. No TV, no "toys" at the table, and good ol' fashion talking about our days.
A few weeks ago, I used my babysitting money to buy a dining room table. It's been lonely in the dining room, having no chairs, since I wanted to find the perfect ones. The chairs have been delivered slowly over the past couple of weeks, and I'm happy to say that our dining room looks like a nice place to have a warm meal. I've even added a few fun decorative touches. So, family and friends, you're all invited over for dinner, especially now that we have actual seating!
 |
| I was really torn between the chairs. After consulting with friends and family, it's been determined that having 4 of each is cutest. We'll get the last set of blue ones later on. I especially loved that the table could seat 8. That means we can actually have family over for dinner, and we're not forced to eat in the living room on the couch, or on ottomans. |
 |
| I fell in love with the giant spoon and fork. I've had them in the storage unit for a while now, and I'm super excited that I finally got to put them up. |
 |
| I'm thinking a lazy Susan is in order eventually. |
I had a Target gift card to use, and, as if it was meant just for me, I found a beautiful chair for our bedroom. And, the best part...CLEARANCE!! Lilly sure does love it....
 |
| Daddy yelled at her and told her to sit down, so she pouted into the corner of the chair. My little drama queen! |
No comments:
Post a Comment