Saturday was a busy day for me. I had to run some errands, so I left Ryan at home. I left the house, and he was sitting on the couch, playing XBOX. When I got home several hours later, he was in the same spot. Ha! I brought him home some Dr. Pepper, some Swedish Fish, and, of course, Target popcorn. He was a happy boy! Mostly I just wanted to distract him from the accessories that I bought for Lilly's room. I found a lamp and a rug (FINALLY). Target's clearance section gets me every time!!
While Lilly napped, I started on dinner. The menu consisted of steaks, potato salad, onion rings, and baked potatoes. Well, it didn't turn out at wonderful as I had imagined it would. The steaks were so thin, they cooked too fast on the BBQ. I had to find out the hard way that Ryan actually hates onion rings. AND I bought potatoes that were so big, baking them at 400 degrees for an hour and a half didn't even cook them all the way through. So, I guess I could sum it up by saying that dinner was sort of a bust, since the only thing that didn't seem to have any issues was the potato salad. Ha!
The final hurrah for the evening was going out for ice cream. I saw a place that advertised that they had gelato, so I wanted to treat Ryan. Well, it wasn't really gelato, as much as it was just frozen yogurt. It was one of those places that had about 50 different soft-serve flavors, and you could fill a bowl with all the ice cream and toppings you could eat, as long as you were willing to pay by the weight. It wasn't gelato, but he did enjoy himself. Okay, I wasn't going to tell, but I guess I'll spill the beans. I cheated and had some ice cream. And I'll never do it again, I swear! Ugh, it made me SO sick. My doctor warned me that people will often try to indulge with ice cream and that it only takes making that mistake once, to learn never to do it again. Yep, he was right. At least Ryan and Lilly enjoyed themselves.
Once Lilly was in bed, we moved the XBOX into the bedroom for a night of playing Halo. We finally beat Halo 4. I'd like to think I packed Ryan's day full of everything he loved. Oh, but the fun was not over...
Father's Day itself was kind of "meh." Let me tell you why. I got up with Lilly at around 8, and wanted to get started on breakfast. All I really knew was that I had bought a pound of thick-cut bacon, just for the occassion. Everything else was up in the air. I decided to make Ryan's favorite, chocolate chip muffins. But I couldn't for the life of me find the recipe card. I knew that Ryan had the recipe memorized (yes, he loves them that much), but I wasn't about to wake him up for it. I settled for making his 2nd favorite, applesauce muffins. As a joke, a few days earlier, I had made some bead breakfast foods. I planned on serving them to Ryan before actually serving him his real breakfast. He thought it was silly.
Later that evening, we went over to Erin's house to hang with the family. Ryan wasn't feeling well, and Lilly and I were needing to eat, so we had to cut the evening short. Sorry, Erin! As we were leaving Erin's house, Ryan spiked a fever and started to snowball into a pretty bad evening of ups and downs. I got him home, put Lilly to bed, made him dinner, wrapped Ryan up all warm (since he was now freezing), and gave him the last Father's Day surprise...a card and a giant bag of M&Ms. Poor guy.
| playin' with his new BBQ. |
| We took her out for ice cream in her Yellowstone "poop" shirt. Everyone there thought it was hilarious. |
![]() |
| I loved that the shades looked like flowers. |
![]() |
![]() |
| Ryan complained and said that his bacon was too crispy, he toast was burned, and his egg was too runny. Sheesh, there's no pleasing him!! :P |
![]() |
| Lilly liked the muffins. |





No comments:
Post a Comment