June 18, 2013

Cursed

You'll notice my couple-day absence from blogging. That's thanks to our newly-discovered Mother's Day/Father's Day curse. If you'll recall, I was sick this last Mother's Day. It was a quick one-day thing, but it definitely ruined my holiday. Jokingly, I told Ryan he better not get sick for Father's Day. When he got up on Sunday, he said "I think you may have jinxed me, because I'm really not feeling well." He thought he was over the worst of it, having "sweat it out" during the night. But that evening, while at Erin's house, it came back with a vengeance. He's been on and off feverish and chilled since Sunday night.

Once we figured out that Ryan's cold wasn't gone, we tried to keep his contact with Lilly as limited as we could...well, as limited as you can for two people living in the same house. But, unfortunately, she woke up Monday morning with a really bad fever. I had a doctor's appointment that I couldn't miss. It wasn't until I was in the waiting room at the doctor's office that I realized she had a fever. I ended up waiting for a little over an hour for the doctor, and what would usually be an hour of chasing Lilly around, ended up being an hour of cuddles. She just wanted to snuggle me and bear-bear. She fell asleep right as I got called back, so I ruined her nap when I had to put her in the stroller. I felt bad.

Once I got her home, she slept basically until about 4. It was insane how much she slept yesterday. I tried to push fluids and Tylenol whenever I could, but her fever was holding out at 101.3. Ryan had taken the day off from work, since he wasn't feeling any better, so I had both my babies sleeping all day. I wasn't able to accomplish much, though. The only "real" chore that I managed was vacuuming out both cars...in 100 degree weather. You're welcome, Ryan! :P 

Today was much better for Lilly, not so much for Ryan. He would have stayed home if he could, but he knew he wouldn't accomplish anything, work-wise. I got a text around noon, saying that his meds had worn off and he wasn't able to focus on anything with how his body physically felt hot, but internally he was freezing. Poor guy. I sure do appreciate what he puts up with to support us. Everyone is in bed now, and I'm wishing I had another free day to catch up on what I've had to ignore while taking care of my sickies. 

Jack stopped by for some dinner (I made him his own tray of Grandma Moore's enchiladas to feed him through the week), so he snuggled Lilly.

Silly girl loves that darn box

Waiting for the doctor. I hate that she's sick, but I love the snuggles SO much.

Trying to be happy, during the very short period of time that she was actually awake yesterday.

This morning I made her a bed on the floor...just like my mommy would have done for me.

She's in a kitty phase right now. She now knows how to mimic a kitty meow (it's ADORABLE!), and any chance she gets, she tries to hug or hold Junie. Junie is actually starting to warm up to it. I can't wait until they're best buds. Oh, and you'll notice she's in nothing but an oversized t-shirt and shoes. She loves to bring Ryan or I her shoes so that we'll put them on for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment