June 14, 2013

Back To Normal

(This post is from a few weeks ago, but for some reason didn't get published. Sorry!)

So, whatever problems Lilly was having with sleep, I think we're through the worst of it. Tuesday night, a small accident, ehh, miracle, happened. I plugged the power cord for the baby monitor into the headset slot instead of the power slot, so it was never actually on, even though I thought it was. According to Ryan, Lilly was crying at around 4:30, but since I didn't have the monitor on, I didn't get up with her and somewhat forced her to cry herself back to sleep. She's been in her normal sleeping patterns, naps and all, since then.

Babysitting yesterday was the same as it always is. Lilly and her new adventurous nature gave me a run for my money. She loves to go running up the stairs any time I'm not watching, forcing me to chase her down. She is also getting pretty experimental with her legs and their ability to climb things. Even if the item is clearly 10 times the size of her, she thinks that just by putting her leg up to it, she'll somehow be able to scale it. The other day while making dinner, I actually found her climbing the shelves in the fridge. I think she's going to be quite the little explorer once she figures it all out...great.

When we walked into the gym yesterday evening, Ryan and I both kind of knew we wouldn't be there for long. Lilly's starting to make it very hard to get fit. When we walked in and put her in with the other kids, she started crying and reaching for me. Totally ripped out my heart. The daycare worker insisted we try to get in some workout and that they'd come and get us if she didn't stop crying in 10 minutes. Well, 10 minutes passed and I thought I was home-free....until I saw the daycare worker walking the gym, looking for me. Lilly lasted about 20 minutes, which did allow me to do my cardio, so I'm not totally bummed. But we had to pack up and head home early again. She's starting to get a bad connotation with the gym, and it certainly isn't helping that she's been cranky and tired when we go. Oh, and I figured out what's causing the bum rash...MORE TEETH! She's getting several bottom teeth. Hopefully this phase will pass, and Ryan and I can attempt to get fit for more than 15 minutes at a time. 

The best thing that happened yesterday, well, I'm having a hard time deciding which of two things was the best. First was that we finally got a new dishwasher!! The new garbage disposal was put in on Monday, so now I have the completed set. I'm so thrilled to be able to have clean dishes! Now, you decide which is best. The other great thing that happened was that I was able to find Lilly's immunization record. If you'll remember, I tore apart the house last week, looking for it. Turns out, it was tucked safely away with her birth certificate, from an appointment we had a few months ago. I accidentally stumbled upon it while tidying up my desk, just minutes before I was planning on tearing apart the storage unit to try to look for it. I'm so relieved!!

If she can't climb it, she loves to sit on it. 


There's just something that she loves about stairs



No comments:

Post a Comment