I've added a few straggler pictures from last Saturday at Gardner Village.


![]() |
| Eating a coconut popsicle...mommy's favorite....daddy's least favorite. |
![]() |
| Crosseyes! |
| Look at her angry face. She was so not happy. |
The past few days have been very productive for us. We were able to go to the gym EVERY day this week. Monday and Tuesday were hard, since Lilly wanted to cry. If she cries for more than 20 minutes, I ask the daycare workers to find me, so I can take her home. My workouts for those two days were cut short. I really couldn't understand why she went from liking the daycare, to hating it. I started sending her with different toys of hers. Turns out, the trick was in her blankie. I started giving her a blankie on Wednesday, and we were able to get full workouts for Wednesday and Thursday. She didn't even want to leave. I love spying on her right before going in to grab her. I wish I could sit for hours and watch her play with the other kids. But, I'm confident now that we've solved the issue, and going to the gym won't be so hard for all of us.
Yesterday made me feel like a bit of a ditz. The heat really is getting to me. I had to run to the store real fast, and about half way there, I realized I'd forgotten my wallet in my gym bag. So I drove back home and grabbed it. After doing my shopping, I usually park in one of the parking spots up close to our house, even though it's not ours. I'll leave the car running while I carry everything in, then park the car in our spot, and carry Lilly in. I've tried leaving Lilly inside by herself, but she really does freak out. I'm not sure how it happened, but when I got out of the car, I realized all the doors were locked. I don't understand how my door was unlocked when I opened it to get out, but locked itself when I closed it. I had a brief second of "OH MY HECK" panicking that I locked Lilly in the car. I calmed down when I remembered that the AC was on high, the radio was on, and she was perfectly happy. I called Ryan and asked him to bring me the spare key. Good thing he's only 10 minutes away. I used those 10 minutes to try and look nonchalant, and like I hadn't just locked my baby in the car. Leave it to fate to make me run into all my neighbors during that short amount of time. Try explaining away such a dumb move. Lilly didn't seem to know that anything was wrong. I blew her kisses and made her laugh the whole time. Before we knew it, daddy had come to the rescue, and the doors were unlocked. I sure do miss driving the Camry, since it had a system that won't allow you to lock the keys in the car.
Welp, I think that's the jist of our exciting week. Ciao!



No comments:
Post a Comment