I'm getting really bad at blogging lately. I just get so busy, that by the end of the day, the last thing I want to do is tie myself to my computer for an hour. So, I'll make this one short. Here's the quick summary of the past few days with us Goodrichs.
Thursday: Ryan was in desperate need of a haircut. He surprised me when he proposed the idea of shaving him completely bald, just to see what it would look like. I told him I didn't think it was a good idea. We met in the middle and agreed to buzz him first. He didn't like the buzz, so he just told me to go completely bald. I'll admit, for the first few days, every time I looked at him, it was like I had forgotten that he was bald. It guaranteed a gasp each time. But, I've grown to like it. He's handsome, no matter the hair style.
Speaking of hair. My doctor warned me that a few months after my surgery, I'd lose a bunch of hair. It's the body's way of adjusting to such extreme weight loss. It's apparently normal. It started up about a month ago, and it's becoming a bit of a problem. I went and saw him last week, and he mentioned that most people actually lose their hair to the point of being bald. Now, I have LOTS of thick hair, and losing it to the point of baldness is actually starting to look like something that might happen. I've been finding hair in EVERYTHING! I have to cut the hair off the brushes of the vacuum weekly, I have to vacuum almost everyday, otherwise I get the hair tangled in my toes, I have to clean out my brush daily, I've already had to use two whole bottles of Drano on the tub and the sink in our bathroom, and I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've had to pull hair out of Lilly's mouth. Yeah, we HATE it. I'm starting to think I should shave my head bald, too.
EVERY week! I didn't know I had this much hair.
Friday: babysitting. Got up at 7:30, and before having to leave at 8:30, managed to put homemade beef stew in the crock pot. It was SO yummy...well, still is, since we have tons of leftovers.
She found Emma's stash of Diet Coke, and decided to take them for a ride in the laundry basket.
Got off babysitting early, so we played out on the patio.
Then we lounged about like a buncha bums...She apparently likes eating licorice while sitting on the couch like a big girl.
We met up with mom, Jeff, Kelsey, and Paisley for a morning at Garder Village. They have farmer's markets every Saturday all summer, so we decided it would be fun to check out. Lilly enjoyed snuggling grandma, playing with bunnies (she wasn't sure about them, actually), eating coconut popsicles, running around and being chased by daddy, and drinking from the mini just-like-daddy's waterbottle that grandma got her. She fell asleep right before we left. It was a long, hot day, but we had fun. Oh, and I wanted to spend all our money on the cutest salt and pepper shakers, but I settled for just taking pictures of them.
Saturday night, we got to watch Joel while Erin and Drew went out for a date night. Lilly had fun sharing her toys and poking him. I had fun trying to feed two babies at the same time. Ryan liked having a little man to nerd-out with. The top left picture is Ryan, encouraging Joel to roll over. It was cute.
Joel thinks it's funny when I steal his binky.
And finally, Sunday. I got a few projects done.
Stole this from Pinterest. Our favorite Yellowstone picture, placed over the Yellowstone map that we used.
Can't go wrong for 50 cents.
Got this frame last weekend in Target's clearance section. Perfect for such a cute picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment