June 11, 2013

Day of Laundry

Yesterday was my day of catching up with chores, after being in Yellowstone for a few days. The biggest chore on my list was going to the laundromat to clean all of our sheets and comforters. There's nothing better than being able to put everything into one machine and have all the bedding in the house clean in only an hour. My mom asked if she could borrow Lilly for a trip to her office, so I was able to enjoy the laundromat in complete silence. I actually really enjoy getting to watch the laundry swish around through the front-load washer. When we finally get a front-load washer, I'm considering putting it in our living room, since I find it more entertaining than Elmo.

After my mom returned Lilly and the laundry was all done, I had about a million other errands to run. The hardest was going to Kohl's. They were out of the carts with baby seats, so I was forced to carry Lilly. I had to put her down to deal with a return at customer service, and of course she thought that was a invitation to run away. All the cute grandmotherly women were holding her hand and walking her back to me. I'm officially to the point of needing a solution to her running away and then throwing fits when I insist on holding her...Once home, she went down for a 4 hour nap. I actually had to wake her up, so she wouldn't be too awake for bedtime. 

We were able to have Ryan's sister over for a quick visit. She insists it didn't count, since she thinks she was just using us. They moved a couple weeks ago, and still don't have access to a washer and dryer, so I let her use ours. It was a good excuse to get together and to see my Joley-Poley. 

Lunch at the laundromat. 
Mom leaned in to tell Lilly she loved her...Lilly leaned in to sneak a bite of her sandwich. 

Once she figured out that she could push the carts, there was no stopping her.



Ryan, you ready for baby #2? :P 


No comments:

Post a Comment