June 9, 2013

Heading Home

Lilly was our alarm clock for this trip. When she got up at 7 each morning, so did everyone else. She chose today, the day that we were counting on an early departure, to wake up at 8. We had a quick breakfast, packed up real fast, took our traditional family picture outside the house, and then said goodbye to grandma and grandpa. It was a quick visit, but very fun.

The drive home was a tad bit rough for Lilly. Just like the day before, she refused to nap. I put some Sesame Street on the iPad, hoping it would get her to pass out, but it didn't. Even after feeding her, pulling over to change her diaper, and giving her bear-bear, she still wanted to be cranky for most of the trip. And it was always when I started to fall asleep that she screamed the most. I think she was just sick of the car by this point. I think we all were! She fell asleep when we came up on downtown Salt Lake, and then woke up right as we got home. 

The only good thing about spraining my ankle was not having to help carry anything inside once we got home. Instead, Ryan carried it all in while I put it away. It was about 1:30 when we got home, it's almost 9 now, and I still haven't finished laundry. Tomorrow I'm going to a laundromat to clean all our comforters and sheets, since it's a long, overdue cleaning. Mom, you're welcome to join! I know how much you love the laundromat!! 

Anyway, it's nice to be home. I LOVE Yellowstone and all the childhood memories that I have. Now I'm making memories with my own little family, and it's somewhat surreal to think about. We had so much fun, despite the sunburns, too-hot clothing, always having to correct Natalie when she said "buffalo" instead of "bison", and a sprained ankle. I can't wait 'til next time!

2011: Newlyweds, 2012: New parents, 2013: Lovin' life!


No comments:

Post a Comment