I'm determined to NOT allow my posts from this week pile up. So, here's what happened yesterday and today...Yesterday after work, we had to run a bunch of errands. Kohl's was on our list of stops, so I knew Lilly would be happy. She LOVES mirrors, and they have plenty of them. While I wandered around and tried stuff on, Ry just parked Lilly by a mirror and let her entertain herself. I came out of the dressing room to hear Lilly moaning strangely and Ryan laughing. She had figured out how to blow bubbles with her spit. It was hilarious to watch...Other than that, nothing else really happened yesterday.
I didn't have to babysit today, since the family is out of town. Which was good, because today is the 1st of the month; the day that I clean all the sheets! I've decided to clean sheets on the 1st of every month. I seriously LOVE getting into bed at night when they're fresh and clean. I had a hard time sleeping last night because of anxiety, so I decided to get up with Ryan at 6:30, started the laundry, and then took him to work so that I could have the car. I ran up North to visit my mom, and let's just say, I almost canned the idea. It was BLIZZARDING the entire way. I felt like it was January, not May. We survived, though. After a quick trip to the store, the bank, and UPS, we arrived back at home by 10:30. Lilly attempted a nap while I moved some laundry.
Lilly wasn't much for naps today. Actually, naps are becoming a problem. Once I feed her either breakfast or lunch, I take her right to her crib for a nap. For the past week, she knows the routine and will start to cry and push off me when I start walking down the hall. Once I get her to the crib, she'll sleep, but she just insists on throwing a fit before we get there. Today, I knew that the afternoon nap wasn't happening when I heard a strange pounding coming from her room. I peeked in to find her banging the wall with both hands. I tried to get some of it on video, but she found me out.
Due to the cold weather, our house was a bit cold too. Either that or I was just having one of those days where I couldn't get warm. I snuggled up on the couch with the blanket that Jan made for me (it's seriously the BEST blanket for naps). Lilly was already up from her nap, so I grabbed her and tried to make her cuddle. She loved the blanket too. Then I laid her down with one of the pillows to see what she would do, and she just laid there, watching Sesame Street.
This next story is for the Goodrichs. As we were leaving Kevin and Jan's house Sunday night, Ryan noticed a spider on the inside of the door. He started smacking at it with his hoodie, but it disappeared. We all just assumed it was dead, but the mandatory "it's probably nesting inside your car now" joke was cracked a few times. Well, guess who I found today?! As I was getting in the car after shopping, it was crawling on the stearing wheel. Yes, it's definitely the SAME spider from Sunday. My mom was with me at the time, and just laughed as I turned into the freakout queen as I swatted at it and missed several times. Don't worry, it's dead now. I've had enough spiders for one day.
![]() |
| May 1st? Pssh, yeah right! |
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment