This year, I started the holiday off at 4 AM. I was in and out of the bathroom all night, getting sick. I woke up yesterday morning with a slight sore throat, but I blamed it on my heartburn. I didn't think anything of it until my throat and accompanying cough were really bad this morning. Again, I felt like crap on what should have been a very relaxing day. Once I got up, Ryan served me breakfast in bed...which made me sick again. Sorry, babe. It was yummy! Lilly seems to be feeling fine, after being sick earlier in the week, but she's been sleeping a ton. Ry put her down for her 10 o'clock nap, and she slept for two hours. Then, he put her down at 1, and she slept for 3 hours. I fell asleep around the same time and really enjoyed the LONG nap. I so wanted to go to church today, because I love Mother's Day talks, but I decided against it. The last thing I needed was to ruin any other woman's Mother's Day.
When I'm sick, I usually spend most of the day feeling like I'm dying, laying in bed, vegging out, and then by evening, I feel like a useless lump. That's when I try to get up, despite feeling miserable, and attempt to regain control of the house and routines. That would have been a lot easier, had our garbage disposal not decided to spew water everywhere on Saturday. We haven't had a working kitchen sink or dishwasher in 2 days. It's driving me nuts! All of the stuff that I keep under the sink is now spread all over my counters, and the dishwasher and sink are full of dirty dishes, pushing me into considering doing dishes in the bathtub. Hopefully our landlord gets a repairman over here soon, because I'm going to go crazy! We're having to use all of the extra paper plates and plastic utensils that were left over from Lilly's birthday party.
Anyway, my second Mother's Day was very low-key. Ryan made me a Mario and Peach love picture frame, and got me a new diaper bag that I've been ogling. But, the best gift of all, had to be the countless hours of sleep. I'd like to say that I'm feeling better. He took care of Lilly all day and didn't make me do anything. Lilly loved getting to play in bed with us and wander around our room. It's the small moments as a family that make me so happy to be a mother and wife.
And, Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers in my life. My mom is my best friend and someone I look up to. I can only hope that one day Lilly will love me even a fraction of how much I love my mom. I'm also thankful to Ryan's mom for raising the man that I married. I can definitely see where all of Ryan's best attributes come from!
P.S. My finger isn't doing so well. We unwrapped it yesterday, and I thought it needed stitches. I don't have insurance right now, so the next best thing that Dr. Ryan could come up with was Superglue. Yep, he glued me right up! The cut is so deep and looks so bad! Warning: pictures below
![]() |
| It's hard to tell, but she's actually leaning back into the pillow. She sat there and played with Ryan's jars of beads for a while. |
![]() |
| Soon to hold a just as equally nerdy, romantic picture of me and my nerd. |
![]() |
| The new diaper bag! SO in love |
![]() |
| Post superglue. I got lucky that it didn't hit my nail. |



.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment