April 13, 2013

Mornings

I don't know if anyone else's kids are like this, but Lilly starts the day being the world's happiest, cutest baby, and then goes downhill from there. I'm not saying she's a little demon baby by the end of the day, but I can definitely tell she's tired and not as cheery. So when Ryan and I get the chance to play with her in the mornings, it is definitely the highlight of our days.

Yesterday almost made me cry from how cute it was. I was getting lunches packed for work, while Ryan got Lilly dressed. I looked up when I heard them walking down the hall. What I saw was SO adorable!! Lilly was holding on to Ryan's hand, and with the other, she had her icky clutched tight, dragging on the ground. I couldn't stand how cute it was. And I'd be lying if I didn't say that it took me back to when that was me, carrying my icky around. This blanket that she loves so much was given to us by Ryan's aunt Tamara. It's light and colorful, and it saved us last summer when we needed blankets, but only had heavy, flannel ones. I don't know what it is about this specific blanket, but she adores it. 

As is tradition, Lilly was all smiles and cuteness this morning, too. On occasion, Ryan will plop Lilly into a random box that we have laying around, and give her rides. This morning's was pretty intense and she sure did love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment